In50Hrs: Are you in?—Come with an idea and get out with a prototype
The Startup Centre kicks off with this weekend startup event
Come 25th March (Friday, that’s not too far). The clock will start ticking at the new startup initiative – The Startup Centre (TSC). In50Hrs is the first startup event to be organized by the TSC. You are expected to get in with an idea and get out with a prototype in 50 hours between 6 pm on 25 March and 7 pm on 27 March. Support from buddies is promised along with a mentor for each prototype buildup.
What is it all about? Vijay Anand, founder of TSC, says: “We have a space, dedicated for the task for 50 hours (including overnight), some kickass mentors (who still have fresh memories of building that first successful product that they launched), fellow entrepreneurs, coders, designers and product managers – all lending their skills to breathe life into that thing, that started off as an itch, and a passing moment.
If you are a student, this is a golden opportunity – a weekend to figure if that idea is really worth all that trouble. If you are a coder/designer looking to get involved in some rather challenging, edgy programming work, then here’s an opportunity – and everyone has got 50 hours to make it work.”
If you want more directions, please visit http://in50hrs.thestartupcentre.com/ and register if you have a compelling idea that can become a great product.
There are 20 mentors lined up to help the ideators:
- Suresh Sambandam, OrangeScape
- Dorai Thodla, iMorph
- Vikram Bhaskar, Tenmiles
- Subbu Murugan, Ventunotech
- R Narayanan, Veteran Entrepreneur
- Vivek Ravishankar, Interviewstreet
- Senthil Nayagam, RailsFactory
- Girish Mathrubootham, Ex VP Products @ Zoho / Founder, Freshdesk
- Siddhartha Govindaraj, Silverstripe Software
- Mahesh Radhakrishnan, Designer / Architect
- Vijay Anand, Proto.in / The Startup Centre
- Krishna Prathab, xLabz
- Preetham Venky
- Narain Rajagopal, 360 Degree Interactive
- Sharun Santosh
- Shivakumar Narayan, Juniper Networks
- Karthikeyan Vijayakumar, Twenty19
- Shrikrishna Shrin [Linkedin]
- Vignesh, Vicky.in
- Pratyush Prasanna, Pluggd.in / Xerox Innovation Labs
The event promises to be a lot of fun, serious brainstorming and a great meeting of minds, ideas, and of course, startups.
If you are in Chennai, it is a must-attend.
YourStory will update you with the happenings at the event. Do watch these pages closely as the clock starts ticking from 6 pm on 25 March 2011.
–Venkatesh Krishnamoorthy, chief evangelist, Chennai
Latest posts by Team YS (see all)
- YourStory.in’s TECH30: India’s First Tech Startup Benchmark Report - September 26, 2011
- Twitter for social change ? Why Melinda Gates opened an twitter account . - September 22, 2011
- We plan to be in at least 60 locations in India by 2011, entrepreneurs at MyCityWay - September 21, 2011
- Register for What is Your Cloud Story - September 21, 2011