Marketing Gurus Rand Fishkin and Dharmesh Shah Launch Inbound,aCommunity-curated Marketing News Site
“The goal of Inbound.org is to prevent great content from the world of inbound marketing from going unnoticed. There’s an amazing community of bloggers, marketers and enthusiasts passionate about non-paid channels like SEO, social media, content marketing, conversion rate optimization, etc. and we believe they deserve a site where sharing great content is controlled by them” says the site.
Inbound.org enables anyone with a Twitter account to register for the site, submit content and participate in conversations through comments.
Inbound Marketing is the process of earning the interest of visitors/customers rather than buying it. Inbound encompasses anything and everything marketers do organically to attract attention, but most commonly refers to the channels of:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – making web pages accessible, conducting keyword research and optimizing web content to better appear in major search engines such as Google, Bing, Baidu and Yandex
- Social Media Marketing – participating and contributing to networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube and the long tail of social sites, blog communities and discussion forums on the web in such a way that earns the attention of a relevant audience.
- Content Marketing – creating and promoting web content in any form (blogs, videos, presentations, infographics, photography, etc) to earn awareness, traffic, branding and mindshare.
- CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) – the practice of iterative improvements and tests to build a better marketing funnel promoting use of your ideas, products or services.
Click here to visit Inbound.org
Latest posts by Vallabh Rao (see all)
- Bangalore Startup Wifinity Among 3 Winners of Hong Kong Government’s Startup Programme - December 5, 2013
- Building a responsible E-commerce business in China – Steve Liang, Fields China - November 20, 2013
- Journey of a New York lawyer to education entrepreneurship in China – Terry Crawford - October 24, 2013
- Finance startup named after the Laughing Buddha chosen as Beijing Tech Hive Weekend Startup Accelerator Winner - October 20, 2013