Edition 1 Delhi In50Hrs Elicits Exciting Response among Techies; 4 Prototypes Showcased
In50Hrs, the idea-to-prototype event held quarterly in The Startup Centre Chennai, went north for the first time, to Delhi. Techies swarmed One97 Communications office like a honeybee to a flower to try their wares. Aditya Vikram Thoomati, who facilitates the event at The Startup Centre, is quite excited at what he experienced hosting the event in Delhi for the first time: “raffish crowd, cold weather, folks running down to grab their iPhone5, abrupt pizza orders and finally hoard in prototypes to flaunt.” Ambarish Gupta from Knowlarity, Pradeep Gupta from Cyber Media Group and Mohit Hira were the jury members providing feedback on the prototypes presented. There were 22 registrations and the following prototypes were showcased:
- LinkMySport – A Portal to Find and Organize Local Sport Events. In today’s era of cemented urban living, it’s a gigantic task for someone to figure out if a nearby ground is empty or anyone is already playing the same sport you’d been dying to play for ages. LinkMySport aims at easing out such a problem fixture enabling them to form teams online, pick a ground that’s available for a particular date and go play.
- theRestronaut – Wine and Food Pairing delivered at best, on a Tablet. All of us, while looking at the menu card think of “Hey! What goes good with this?”, “What’s a spicy meal in here?” and end up going for what’s less confusing or eye catchy. That way, essence of the having food outside dies out. theRestronaut aims at solving the problem enabling the waiter to help them pick the best pair of food and wine enabling diners to have the best food experience altogether.
- Band Baaja – An iOS app for Wedding Planning. An Indian wedding is perhaps one of the most extravagant and joyous event that happens in Indian family. With so much joy around, there also follows just too much of tormented tasks of making sure that the event goes for a grand success and it is just not easy to make sure everything falls in place, picture perfect. So, Band Baaja. An iOS app that would help the bride or the bridegroom or the whole family to find the right set of folks (like designers, caterers, the brass band, venue management and so on) and at the same time, sync up with your family on how things are going with a smart checklist.
- Challengify – A Social Task Management App for Mobile. Most of us, put up tasks on list and just forget and look it up only a while later to regret about not getting things done, letting task management go for a toss. Reasons could vary but if you could get nudged by someone close like family or friends and make sure the task gets done, the whole experience onto working towards tasks changes and Challengify is here to change that.
In50Hrs travels to Bangalore this weekend and then to Pune. For more details, visit http://in50hrs.com. The jury line-up for Bangalore consists of the best minds in product space – Sharad Sharma, Phanindra Sama, Rohit Singal. So product folks can expect another awe-inspiring mentoring in the Bangalore edition.
–Venkatesh Krishnamoorthy, chief evangelist
Latest posts by Venkatesh Krishnamoorthy (see all)
- Flood fury teaches Fusion Charts a few lessons - December 8, 2013
- 10 powerful ways to reach out to customers through email at zero cost - December 4, 2013
- Google India announces launch of online Web Academy for SMBs at GDayX 2013 Chennai - November 11, 2013
- “What problem do you want to solve?”, asks Rahul Sood, Microsoft Ventures - November 4, 2013