mEducation player, Applied Mobile Labs, launches voice and SMS based English learning product
Applied Mobile Labs (previously VoiceTap) is an mEducation player in India, and works with telecom operators, enterprises and end customers to deliver educational content onto their mobiles. In a recent announcement, APL has launched ‘English On Mobile’- an english-learning product.
English has been a language of aspiration in India and there would hardly be anyone who doesn’t harbor a feeling to achieve fluency in the language. Many offline players exist to provide ‘spoken english’ classes and a few attempts have been made online as well. Combining mobile, this move by AML has the potential to scale. Mrigank Tripathi, CEO & Founder of Applied Mobile Labs informed that Applied Mobile Labs works with Telecom operators such as Airtel and TataDOCOMO and has till date serviced over 5 Mn end users for their education requirements over mobile. This gives them an advantage in terms of reach and understanding mobile.
Foraying into the B2C merket for the first time, AML has been developing the product for about a year. Here are the details about the product:
- English on Mobile has 900 minutes of content created by 30 English experts. Users can try the demo of English on Mobile by giving a missed call to 09223405555.
- The product is priced at INR 799 and includes 300 minutes of free usage for the end user. AML claims the system to be intelligent enough to understand the level of understanding of the user and modulates itself accordingly.
- After purchasing the product, a user needs to give a missed call to 09223405555 from a mobile handset and he receives an automated call where he can learn English with lessons ranging in levels from ‘Essential English’ to ‘Pronunciation’ to ‘English for Work’.
More information on the website www.englishonmobile.in
Latest posts by Jubin Mehta (see all)
- What it is like to get acquired? [And all the 2013 Indian Startup acquisitions] - December 11, 2013
- 12/12/12 was the single biggest online shopping day in India, what about 2013? - December 10, 2013
- Lightspeed Venture Partners invest $550k in Phone Warrior to boost mobile communication - December 9, 2013
- Intuit’s txtWeb platform partners with Karbonn to provide a range of apps on the phone - December 9, 2013