Five points, someone – Sheryl Sandberg
Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook. Here are the five things that I have learnt from her book ‘Lean in’:
- Please ask yourself, ‘What would I do if I weren’t afraid,’ and then go ahead and do it.
- Less than six months after I started at Facebook, Mark and I sat down for my first formal review. One of the things he told me was that my desire to be liked by everyone would hold me back. He said that when you want to change things, you can’t please everyone. If you do please everyone, you aren’t making enough progress.
- When negotiating, think personally, act communally.
- If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat; just get on.
- In the future, there’ll be no female leaders. There’ll be just leaders.