It has been over an year and now Techie Tuesdays is officially the longest running column at YourStory. We have covered many amazing techies and came across a multitude of trends as well. Here are some key insights from all the techies we have featured in our column:
- Dropouts formed a significant part of our Techie Tuesdays, over 12% of the techies had dropped out of college.
- Over 75% of our Techie Tuesdays were working for startups.
- More than 37% have their own startup. Which means 1 in 2 people who are working for a startup chose to be an entrepreneur.
- Around 10% of the Techie Tuesdays prefer to freelance than working full time with an organization
- Around 9% of the contribute to open source on a regular basis.
- Participation of women in tech is still low, only 5% of the women we have profiled is a woman.
- 9% of the Techie Tuesdays we profiled are working in Design including UI/UX and interaction design.