[Infographic] Which e-commerce site sold 7 Boeing 747 jets weight of goods?
YourStory launched an extensive survey of e-commerce consumers in India in collaboration with Kalaari Capital. The analysis of the data provided some interesting insights about the various product categories, consumer buying behaviour and mobile commerce, which were presented in an infographic.
Continuing this series of e-commerce reports, we present a few fun facts about India’s top e-commerce websites in this infographic.
Myntra (Acquired by Flipkart)
- It is ½ the size of Shoppers Stop, making it amongst the top 10 fashion retailers in India
- 500+ fashions across 30,000+ different styles – largest collection of fashion / lifestyle products in India
- 8,000+ pin codes serviced with over 10 million items shipped till date
- Sold products weighing 7 Boeing 747 jets in their last quarter
- Bed linen sold in the last quarter covers a one-way trip from India Gate to Taj Mahal
- More than 2000 different styles of lingerie are being retailed on Zivame
- 80%+ buyers are women, making it one of the largest catchment sites for women
- Takes under 3 hours to assemble every complex wardrobe on sale
- One of the largest cart sizes in Indian e-commerce, the average price of an item sold is INR 15,000+
- The most expensive item sold was a diamond ring worth INR 11 Lakhs
- Sold 300+ pieces of precious jewellery on Akshaya Tritiya
- Sells more than 100 carats of diamond every month
Are you running an e-commerce site? Share your fun facts here – we will publish them!
Coming up next in part 3 of the series – What does loyalty mean in Indian e-commerce?