Sam Walton was an American businessman best known for founding the retail chain Wal-Mart, which grew to be the world’s largest corporation. Here are the 12 amazing Rules of Business from him which will help you to defy all odds and Win!
1) Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody else is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going in exactly the opposite direction.
2) Set high goals, encourage competition, and then keep score.
3) If you want a successful business, your people must feel that you are working for them—not that they are working for you
4) High expectations are the key to everything.
5) There is only one boss – the customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else.
6) Commit to your business. Believe in it more than anybody else.
7) Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.
8) Capital isn’t scarce. Vision is.
9) If you love your work, you’ll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you—like a fever.
10) Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free—and worth a fortune.
11) Don’t take yourself so seriously. Loosen up, and everybody around you will loosen up. Have fun.
12) If you take someone who lacks the experience and the know-how but has the real desire and the willingness to work his tail off to get the job done, he’ll make up for what he lacks. And that proved true nine times out of ten.