Are you under the age of 30? Are you someone who is blazing a trail in the field of social entrepreneurship. If so, you should check out the Foundation for Youth Social Entrepreneurship (FYSE) as they are currently in search of the Asia Pacific Future 100.
The list will have two types of stars:
Commercial entrepreneurs includes individuals who set up a business in any field of commerce, with the main objective of achieving profit returns.
Social Changemakers are individuals who have set up a business, social enterprise, NGO or informal sustainable project with the main objective of achieving social returns.
Applications are due at the end of August, and more information can be found here. The criteria are as follows:
The following selection criteria apply to all nominees:
• Leadership potential of the Founder
• Growth potential of project/business;
• Social impact
• Financial sustainability
• The originality of the business/ project concept
The panel also considers:
• The entrepreneur’s age when the business was started; and
• Any special challenges that had to be overcome.
[Source: People for Social Cause]