British Council announced Entrepreneur Award 2010Team YS
The British Council announced Young Fashion Entrepreneur Award 2010 in association with Elle India.
British Council in association with ELLE announce the International Young Fashion Entrepreneur (IYFE) award 2010 for the third time, to champion and celebrate the importance of creative entrepreneurs working in the field of fashion. The participating countries include Libya, Syria, Bangladesh, Lithuania, Philippines, Russia, Sri Lanka, Turkey and India.
Council are looking for a Fashion Entrepreneur from India to represent internationally.
The award is open to entrepreneurs between 25 and 35 years working in any of the following fashion sectors
- Fashion, textile, accessories or perfume design and production
- Fashion promotion: shows, exhibitions, festivals, events
- Fashion retail: buying, merchandising
- Fashion product research, sourcing, supply chain management
- Fashion marketing, PR, branding, journalism
- Fashion publishing, communications, websites
- Consultants providing specialist services in any of the areas outlined
Definition of a fashion entrepreneur
Please note that our definition of a fashion entrepreneur is wide-ranging and includes:
- Somebody working in the fashion sector and is able to demonstrate business success in the classic terms of business growth (profit, market share, employees) and/or in terms of their reputation (quality and aesthetic) amongst their peers.
- Somebody who has developed a successful (in terms of impact and reach) social or not-for-profit enterprise in the sector
- Somebody who has shown leadership in the industry by championing its development in India
- Somebody who has developed initiatives (exhibitions, trade fairs, festivals etc) that develop and grow the Indian market.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 20 November 2009
Award details and application form has been uploaded on the website:http://www.britishcouncil.org/india-arts-iyfey-fashion.htm.