Difficult Startup Pursuit: How to be Self Motivated All the Time
Yes it’s a great feeling to be on my own and taking all the calls. Yes it gives me an adrenaline rush if I achieve my targets and set my own rules. But what I find impossible is to remain self motivated most of the time. I constantly need the nudge and the push to keep running on the treadmill of entrepreneurship. When I meet my fellow startups we constantly discuss this challenge we all face and it makes me happy to know I am not the only one. The problem is how to circumvent the lows and remain charged up all the time? I realize this is one burning issue plaguing most of us who are on our own with limited or no team.
After speaking to many stalwarts and entrepreneurs who have been there and done that I have devised a strategy to remain upbeat. Let me share the capsule of practical tips I got and let’s see if it works.
- Have a close circle of startup friends keeping in mind that birds of same kind will positively flock together and rub off positive vibes
- Have atleast one mentor to talk to anytime and take guidance from
- Don’t expect just keep on working (easier said then done but will nevertheless practice on it)
- Force yourself to take off time to unwind (with limited resources it remains a challenge but again no harm in trying)
- Don’t be ashamed to ask for help rather be shameless (will elaborate on this later)
- Prioritize and Prioritize your routine /work schedule
- Have a hobby besides the venture
While I am going to give this a try if you have any more tips please don’t forget to share it with us.
Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org