VCCircle Investment Forum on 25 November in Chennai
VCCircle presents the Chennai edition of its Investment Forum series VCCircle Investment Forum on 25 November at Sheraton Park Hotel & Towers, Chennai. It bring entrepreneurs and the investing community on a common platform. The day-long conference will feature over two dozen distinguished speakers from India Inc who will share investment formulas, future deal outlook and novel financing options.
Gopal Srinivasan - Chairman & MD, TVS Capital Funds Limited, R Ramraj - Partner, Sequoia Capital India, George Thomas - Partner, India Value Fund Advisors, Rajiv Mittal - MD, VA Tech Wabag Ltd., Gul Mukhey - Head, Principal Investments & PE, HSBC PE, Shyam Shenthar - CEO, o3 Capital Advisors, Hemu Ramaiah - CEO, Landmark Bookstore, PN Vasudevan - CEO, Equitas Micro Finance India Pvt. Ltd., Satya Prabhakar - CEO, Sulekha.com and Sarath Naru - MD, VenturEast Fund Advisors. More Entrepreneurs & Company CEOs joining
Tamil Nadu is one of India's growth engine states. India's third largest economy, which ranks third in FDI inflows, is also a hotbed of deal activity with over 150 VC/PE transactions involving companies, big and small. While some of the nationally known homegrown corporate houses like TVS Group, Murugappa and Amalgamations stand tall in the state, it also has new economy companies like Nasdaq-listed Cognizant Technologies, Carlyle-funded Allsec Technologies, Apax Partners-funded Apollo Hospitals and Shriram Group.
There will be panel discussion on:
Panel I: Entrepreneurship and private equity In Tamil Nadu
- Is Chennai's conservatism coming in the way?
- An assessment of the potential. Which are the sectoral drivers?
- Will deals be large or mini-sized?
- Will they be led by family-owned businesses or new economy sectors?
- How does this region compare to rest of India in terms of buoyancy, profile of deals and sectoral diversity
- What does it take to get these companies across the negotiating table?
Panel II: First Generation Entrepreneurs & Private Equity
- How they built it
- Case studies and experiences
- First gen Vs GeNext of Family business
Panel III: The Family Businesses & external investors
- What are their key expectations from PE players? How to marry family business values with PE money?
- How much of board control are they ready to give up?
- What about GenNext leaders?
- Are they more open to attracting money from these quarters?
- Are family-owned businesses, which constitute a large part of the corporate fabric, not yet ready to attract capital from PE investors?
Panel IV: Deal Logic: A technical session on deal-making after a long hiatus
- Are valuations going down?
- When should companies strategically look at attracting external capital?
- What are the pros and cons?
- When is M&A and consolidation play a critical option?
- When is the right time in your business cycle to attract PE money?
Panel V: Sector Focus: Banking and financial Services
- The NBFC capital of India
- Opportunities in consumer finance
Panel VI: Active sectors in Tamil Nadu: Are They Investment Worthy?
Focus areas: Automotive, Manufacturing, Textiles, Consumer Business, Cleantech, IT, Retail & Restaurants.