User Submitted Post
Endeavor, a global non-profit with an award-winning model for private-sector development, seeks a dynamic professional to join its Search & Selection Team.
Endeavor transforms the economies of emerging markets by identifying and supporting high-impact entrepreneurs – those with the biggest ideas and most scalable businesses. Endeavor scours emerging markets for entrepreneurs with high-impact potential, helps them break down a society’s barriers to success, offers world-class strategic advice, and opens doors to capital. Guided by Endeavor, these entrepreneurs become national role models in their communities and countries, encourage others to innovate and take risks, and generate sustainable economic growth. Together, Endeavor and high-impact entrepreneurs are changing industries, communities and entire countries.
To date, Endeavor has screened more than 20,000 candidates and selected 476 Endeavor Entrepreneurs. These high-impact entrepreneurs have generated over $3.15 billion in revenues and created more than 98,000 high-value jobs. Endeavor’s unique focus on high-impact entrepreneurship is at the forefront of a global transformation. In the past year, Endeavor’s work has been featured in the Economist, Business Week, US News & World Report, the New York Times, and the Financial Times. Endeavor’s model has been promoted at renowned institutions such as the World Economic Forum and the Clinton Global Initiative.
Headquartered in New York City, Endeavor currently has offices throughout Latin America, South Africa, and the MENA region, with plans to expand into Southeast Asia in 2010.
Title: Search & Selection Associate
Reports To: Search & Selection Manager
Works with: S&S Associates, Affiliate Operations Team, Affiliate Services VP, Worldwide S&S Team, CEO, Network Members, Endeavor Entrepreneur Candidates
• Help with the organization of Endeavor’s high-profile International Selection Panel events, held 4-6 times per year worldwide (2010 Panels will be held in Egypt, Brazil, Turkey, California, and South Africa), including extensive logistics management and international communication among 10+ countries.
• Working closely with in-country S&S staff, write and edit detailed 6-10 page profiles (case studies) on Endeavor Entrepreneur candidates, detailing the compelling story of the entrepreneurs themselves as well as the growth potential of the businesses they lead.
• Together with Search & Selection Manager and a small (2 person) S&S Team, oversee and coordinate Endeavor’s globally-managed, locally-run Search & Selection process to screen and select new Endeavor Entrepreneurs around the world.
• Collaborate with S&S and Affiliate Operations Teams to help create a system for continual review of policy, criteria, and best practices.
• Support the work of other NY-based teams (Entrepreneur Services; Marketing, Communications & Development; Policy, Partnerships & Outreach; etc.) as needed.
• Strong interest in, and passion for, business, economics, entrepreneurship and/or international development
• Bachelor’s degree in any field
• Graduating senior or one year of relevant work experience in business, consulting, entrepreneurship, venture capital, international development, or journalism
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written); Spanish/Portuguese/Turkish/Arabic language skills a plus
• Exceptionally strong English language writing skills required; business-writing or journalism experience preferred
• Superior interpersonal and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Flexibility and willingness to travel
• Ability to work with a diverse team from numerous countries
Competitive non-profit base salary plus bonus and benefits
Please send cover letter, résumé and brief writing sample to Yuting Lien at email@example.com by January 18, 2010.
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding and Startup Course. Learn from India's top investors and entrepreneurs. Click here to know more.