The United Nations Development Programme International Policy Center for Inclusive Growth (IPC-IG) will be hosting an Academic Forum on the 12th and 13th of April 2010 in correlation to the India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) summit to be held in Brasilia, Brazil on the 15th of April 2010. The theme will be social development strategies for inclusive growth. Join IPC-IG in the debate on ID4Ds website!
Topics at the Academic Forum include role of cash transfers, role of employment programs/policies, health innovation, intellectual property rights and access to essential drugs. Specifically:
- How do conditional cash transfer programs improve life of millions living in extreme poverty?
- What are the most relevant experiences from other parts of the world that can be effectively applied to IBSA countries?
- How IBSA countries can cooperate and share experiences if they adopt different approaches for CCT programs?
- How can study findings on Intellectual property rights and health innovation from Brazil, India, and South Africa affect civil society in each country?
- What are the consequences of the creation of new groupings of emerging economies with a strong emphasis on South-South cooperation? How do we get civil society involved in high level political debates?
We want to hear your opinion!