36 Products have been awarded the prestigious title of Product of the Year 2010 byover 30,000 Indian consumers across 36 centers - The largest ever face to facesurvey of its kind in India. This survey was carried out by independent research agency, A.C. Neilsen.
Mumbai, March, 10,2010: The winners were announced in a grand award function held on Saturday, 6th March at the Taj Lands End, Bandra, Mumbai amidst lively performances by International & national artists, followed by dinner. The event attracted over 450 distinguished personalities from the Indian corporate and media houses and other leaders and eminent personalities from various fields.
The increased number of entries and categories in its 2nd year bears testimony to the confidence and eagerness of the Companies that are committed to innovation excellence and to its success in the market amongst consumers.
In an era of brands vying for consumer mindspace through all means and with more misses than hits due to the clutter, companies are continuing to explore more effective avenues. The most successful of them have been the ones that have managed to create value innovations while maintaining sustainable pricing. Brands that create meaningful innovation stay closer, longer and stronger to the consumers than those that lure with price baits. A competitive edge is not a one-time magic. Continuous infusion of newness and a euphoric experience through brand discovery is the lifeline of brands.
Charulata Ravi Kumar, CEO, Product of the Year (India), explains further, “The Product of the Year formula is simple. Very simple. In fact it is a value chain that is created by the consumer and the manufacturer through a continuous process of evaluation by both. The consumer judges the best innovations. The manufacturer strives to better it through better understanding and insights that the POY survey provides. POY's success lies in its ROI model, bringing increased trials, sales and awareness to the best innovations. And this is possible because it is decided by the consumers themselves. Consumers respond by increased trials. Manufacturers respond by increased participation. And into our 2nd year now, we have witnessed both in equal measure.”
We give below an overview of Product of the Year.
"Product of the Year" is the global consumer recognition standard that celebrateschampions and rewards the best innovations in Retail products done through an independent consumer survey across the country; in 28 countries for 23 years. Some of the most eminent brands that have been participating over the years across various countries are Energizer, Duracell, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Nestle, L'Oreal, Reckitt Benckiser, Johnson & Johnson, Danone, Heinz and Kingsmill Bread, etc for innovations from product to packaging and anything that results in a key consumer benefit.
Key highlights of Product of the Year are...
1. It helps increase sales. Proven across 28 countries for 23 years. Video testimonials available on website.
Retailers and manufacturers in POY countries have reported a sales increase of an average of 10-15% of the winning products as well as increased sales of the mother brands. With some reporting as high as 40% and even 135% YOY increase.
2. It gives the winning product instant recognition and differentiation on the retail shelf. The product will definitely stand out in the clutter of other retailed products in the category thereby increasing trial and sales of new launches.
3. This becomes a quick search guide for consumers when in-store and avoids the new products getting lost in the plethora of brands.
4. This is not an award. It is a consumer verdict for the best innovations and therefore creates high consumer value.
5. It creates better possibilities of value added promotions.
The power of POY to drive sales is in the methodology. Because the winners are determined by using the first and largest ever survey into product innovation, it is a recognition and validation that consumers can trust .
A very eminent jury, comprising industry leaders, senior journalists, eminent personalities and representatives of consumer groups will validate the entries and upon validation the products that participate in the consumer research, go through the rest of the consumer voting process.The jury is only a filtering process and does not decide winners. The consumers do.
There is only one winner in each category. But win or lose, the participants get a copy of the insightful research for their category assessing the consumer usage and interaction with the category.
The award Ceremony will be simulcast exclusively on Star One & Star World on Sunday, 21st March 2010 at 7 pm.
For details on Product of the Year (India) Pvt. Ltd. Please log on towww.productoftheyear.in
Winners of Product of the Year 2010:
Category - Winners
1. Air Fresheners - Ambipur Aromatherapy Range
2. Anti - Dandruff Shampoo - CLEAR Anti Dandruff Shampoo
3. Anti-Ageing - Garnier AgeLift Triactiv
4. Body Lotions - Vaseline Healthy White
5. Children's Foods - Cheetos Whoosh
6. Desktop PC's - HP Pavilion Desktops & Touchsmart PC's
7. DVD - Videocon d2h Satellite DVD
8. Eye Care - Garnier Light Eye Roll On
9. Hair Care - Dove Intense Damage Therapy
10.Home Theatre Systems - LG Home Theatre System HB954
11.Hot Beverages - Lipton Yellow Label
12.Household /Kitchen Cleaners - CIF Cream
13. Insect Repellents - GoodKnight Advanced Low Smoke Coil
14. Insurance - HDFC Young Star Super
15. Ketchup/Condiments - Kissan Squeezo
16. Laptops - HP Pavilion Notebooks - DV/DM Series
17. LCD - LG Jazz Theatre Series
18. Lingerie - Amante's Co-ordinate Set
19. Men's Deodorants - Axe Inxtinct Deodorant Body Spray
20. Men's Fairness - Garnier Men PowerLight Intensive Fairness Moisturiser
21. Men's Hair Care - Brylcreem Hybridz
22. Paints - Nerolac Impressions Excel Total Premium
23. Phones - LG GD 900 Crystal
24. Premium Stationery - Bilt Matrix Eco Friendly Stationery
25. Ready to Mix/Powdered Beverages - Nestea Lemon Iced Tea
26. Refreshers - Nimbooz by 7Up
27. Refrigerators - Videocon Refrigerators VAP 233i
28. Snack Foods - Kurkure Desi Beats Crunchy Wheat
29. Soaps - Fiama Di Wills Gel Bathing Bars
30. Student's Stationery - BILT Ten on Ten Student Stationery
31. Utensil Cleaners - Vim Drop Dishwash Active Gel
32. Value Phones - Videocon V1405
33. Washing Machines - Whirlpool 1-2- 3 Washing Machine
34. Women's Deodorants - Dove Deodorants – Original
35. Women's Fairness - Fair and Lovely AntiMarks Fairness Cream
36. Youth Phones - LG GM 200