4G technologyTeam YS
The first mobile phone was invented in 1960 in United States in the Bell Labs. From then till today wireless technology has developed to the hilt. Initially we had 1G technology which provided the platform for communication, and then 2G digitalised the process and provided short messaging service. 3G enhanced the data transfer efficiency and information services such as websites in their original format. Now the technocrats have successfully rolled out next generation wireless 4G technology.
What does 4G have to offer us? Is it going to give a different dimension to broadband services? How is it going to change the mobile phones of this generation? The answers to these questions will be evident through this article.
4G mobile technology includes following innovations:
* The mobile communications comprise of two steps: access to mobile services and access to mobile network. In 4G era the former will be made open to developers and service providers so that companies such as GOOGLE, ORACLE etc can provide services to the users without any hindrance.
* The mobile device architecture will be modified to converge multiple RTT(radio transmission technologies) into one same device. Similar to laptops the mobile phone will be equipped with open wireless architecture (OWA), which enables the users to change their wireless standards without changing the phone. One can integrate office phone, mobile phone and home phone into one common device using the OWA technology by integrating multiple wireless systems into one RTT sim.
* Any portable consumer electronic device can be used as a mobile phone by inserting the OWA-powered mobile RTT’s card.
* Reduces the blips in transmission when one travels from one network to the other.
* More technologies are being integrated into 4G for efficient utilization of wireless spectrum and better management of dynamic and open spectrum.
* Enabling users to access internet on computers while carrying cell phone communications. Customers in the region of strong 4G network can access broadband without any cabling to their device. It also enables users to access internet even if they are not in a wireless hot spot.
Presently within the United States there are two major systems using 4G technology namely Wimax backed by ClearWire and Long Term Evolution backed by Vorizon.
4G technology is of course a stupendous innovation by the technocrats of this generation and lot of research and testing is in process. It is becoming an emerging solution to drive the growth of mobile industry, and also fosters the partnership and transformations in business models.
-Aditya Prasad, YourStory