YourStory and IBF Media celebrated India's first World Entrepreneurship Day through a special issue and an event in Bangalore. World Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is 24 hour world-wide celebration of entrepreneurship and innovation. We at YourStory are privileged to be a part of this global initiative. This day was celebrated in many countries and the celebrations are still on in countries which lag behind Indian Time. The event took place at Jaaga, an open creative space ideal for events like this.The event saw entrepreneurs and people part of the entrepreneurship ecosystem gather at Jaaga and exchange thoughts and ideas on entrepreneurship and innovation. Entrepreneurs from different sectors participated in this event sharing their stories with the audience.
The speakers and topics at today's event were:
* Amit Singh spoke on his experience organizing "Startup Saturday" events for Headstart network and the new "Startup Buddies" initiative
* Sagar Gubbi on “"Financing Renewable Energy and Green Businesses in India: Opportunities and Risks" .
* Jyoti Ramnath on "Women Entrepreneurship" : Avenues for Women to move on the path of entrepreneurship
* Srikrishna SridharMurthy on “In search of a development sector 'market'.”
* Namrata Shah on "Micro-preneurship in textile design" and showed slides about some of the interesting work she is doing. She also spoke about the British Council Young Creative Entrepreneur Program and how it has helped her in her business.
* Alban Leveau-Vallier and Olivier Cohen - de Timary will spoke about their journey to many countries meeting social entrepreneurs and had some really cool videos to share with the people gathered.
The event was attended by entrepreneurs, students and would be entrepreneurs and people interested in entrepreneurship.YourStory thanks all the people who assembled and made the event a huge success. We will strive to bring more events like this and are overwhelmed by the positive response we got from the folks in Bangalore