“There’s a way to combine the very best of the not-for-profit, philanthropic world with the very best of the for-profit, enterprising world. This hybrid is the wave of the future for both profit and nonprofit companies.”– An interview with Bill Strickland, CEO of the Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild and the Bidwell Training Center Inc., from “Genius At Work”.
Source for Change (SFC) is a progressive company based on the idea that social values can be achieved through the private marketplace. We work side-by-side with women of rural India in creating technology-based careers deliering the highest level of quality to our global clients. Currently, SFC operates in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry with a data entry center in Bagar, Rajasthan.
The all-women, rural BPO addresses social and business needs. For our clients, we provide a high quality product at a competitive price. At the same time, our BPO associates gain technology skills and employment in an industry that would otherwise overlook them. Our core competencies are non-voice services such as data entry and image editing. Past clients have included mid- to large sized companies as well as public sector entities such as InTouch Solutions, Pratham, and the University of Maryland.
As an early stage start-up, we have the freedom to chart our own course as we partner with the women of rural India. We are recruiting other dynamic, like-minded people to join us. If you desire the opportunity to create immense social change while seeking to maximize profits, then this is the place for you.
We are building a team of disruptive innovators to lead one of the hottest start-ups in the country, thus this is an extremely competitive hiring process.
Job Description: Innovation Associate
As an Ajay G. Piramal Foundation incubated company in the scale-up phase, SFC is looking for a smart, energetic intern to add value to our rapidly growing organization. We seek an entrepreneurial and dynamic individual to take ownership of the specific organizational needs detailed below. At the same time, this person should be flexible to adapt as needs change.
Source for Change currently has varied organizational needs, but the Innovation Associate will focus on one or more of the following areas:
* Researching new market opportunities, verticals, and services for clients. * Providing IT solutions, specifically developing databases and implementing new technology and software for the local center in Bagar. * Developing business, specifically developing new client leads from new verticals. * Training our workforce on image editing, invoice processing, and other skills as per need.
Qualifications for the Source for Change Internship Program:
1. Preference for a graduate student or a professional with 2-3 years of work experience – extremely talented undergraduates may also apply.
2. Risk-taker with a predisposition for entrepreneurial ventures.
3. Adaptable, patient and able to live in rural India for the duration of the internship.
Benefits of the Source for Change Internship Program:
1. Understanding how social motives can be integrated into a successful business model.
2. Exposure to a start up firm that is moving to the next level.
3. Detailed understanding of the IT and rural marketplaces, competition and different lines of business.
Location: Bagar, Rajasthan is a small town located in Jhunjhunu District of Shekhawati Region. It is 30 km west of Pilani, 190 km north-east of Jaipur, and 220 km west of New Delhi. More information:www.slideshare.net/Source_for_Change/sfc-the-future-is-ruralwww.sourceforchange.in
Contact Name:Lindsay Eierman