Mentor Graphics University Design Contest 2010Team YS
This is the inaugural Mentor Graphics University Design contest 2010 in India. The focus of this contest is to provide an opportunity for engineering students to showcase their technical talent and competency using Mentor Graphics tools. We expect to grow this contest with increased representation & participation, and draw maximum number of contestants for the contest.Awards
The top three winners of the University Design Contest will earn a Certificate of Recognition. There will be one Winner team followed by two runner-up teams.
The winning team will be awarded a cash prize of US$3000, 1st Runner-up – US$2000 & 2nd Runner-up – US$1000.
What is the University Design Contest?
This competitive design contest is aimed at :
- Provide an opportunity for engineering students from different technology streams to participate in the contest and demonstrate their technical capabilities, problem solving, project management and design skills in a contest against their peers.
- Provide all participants with new perspectives on how design teams from different disciplines and different regions of the country approach a common design problem.
- Provide engineering students with a chance to meet experts to showcase and present their ideas, and also network with fellow participants to discuss newer ideas of working on a project.
The Contest Design & Structure
The contest follows a three stage process. Each stage will focus on communicating the team's ideas through a different channel, as follows:
- Teams will submit a short project paper (10 pages maximum) describing their solution to the project proposal. University Design Contest Technical committee will review and evaluate all the submissions. A maximum of 10 teams will be selected for the next stage.
- Shortlisted teams will be expected to give a poster presentation outlining their design, and discuss their proposed solution with a panel of University Design Contest Technical committee. The Technical committee will select 5 teams to participate in the final contest.
- The 5 finalists will have to give a presentation on their proposed solution/design to the technical committee. Based on the criteria below, the competition judges will rank and identify an overall winner of the competition and two runner-up teams (second and third place).
For any assistance kindly send email to: Noida_HEP@mentor.com