If you’ve ever been told, “You’re inspirational!” or you are a young leader who’s creating positive change in the world, we’d love to hear your story.
In fact, we’d love to give you a rare opportunity share your story with others.
Eight young changemakers will be chosen as winners of our annual Staples Youth Social Entrepreneurship Competition and invited to present at the first TEDxYSE event in Washington, D.C.
How do you qualify? Just fill out the short entry form. You can also nominate an inspiring young leader (age 12 to 24).
Winners will be chosen on a rolling basis, so don’t wait.
- ALL-EXPENSE-PAID TRIP to Washington, D.C.Up to two members from each of the eight winning teams will be invited to Washington, D.C. to present at the TEDxYSE event on November 13, 2010. Winning teams that can’t attend the 2010 TEDxYSE and present their stories will forfeit their prize. Winners are also required to attend a daylong rehearsal on November 12. Selected winners who are under 18 years of age will need to be accompanied by a teammate or a chaperone at least 21 years of age.
- STAPLES GRAND PRIZEStaples associates worldwide will vote to award a grand prize to one team for its exceptional achievements and impact.
Rules & Guidelines
The Staples Youth Social Entrepreneurship Competition is open to all youth who are:
- Between the ages of 12 and 24
- Operating a youth-led social venture
- Able to demonstrate impact
- Able to travel to Washington, D.C. to attend and present at TEDxYSE from November 12 to 13, 2010
- Willing to put effort into presenting their story to a global audience
- Willing to sign a media release giving Ashoka’s Youth Venture permission to distribute videotaped presentations and associated multimedia during and after TEDxYSE.
- Youth must enter the competition or be nominated.
- Forms are to be filled out in English or Spanish only.
- A panel of internal judges will screen all entries and invite some entrants or nominees to fill out a detailed application and submit additional material. Judges may ask to interview entrants by phone or Skype.
- Winners will be selected on a rolling basis until all eight spots are filled. (The sooner you enter, the better your chances.)
To find out more click here