Marico Innovation Foundation is organizing a “Innovation Workshop for Social Entrepreneurs” between 26th to 28th August 2010 at Mahogany, The Club, Andheri (W), Mumbai.
The workshop seems to be very well planned to drill innovation as deep as possible into the participating social enterprises. The three-day workshop is divided into three kinds of sessions inter-twined with each other. They are
- “Learning sessions” during which the participants will learn and appreciate the impact of innovation in social enterprise and development by way of case studies, learn key tools and frameworks for innovation thinking, and how to build road-map and process to implement innovation.
- “Engagement sessions” which involve engagement and interaction with various successful social entrepreneurs including, Ashok Kamat of Akshara Foundation and Solomon JP, India Country Director, Ashoka to learn about “how innovation has been integrated into their organizations growth” and “how to measure the impact of innovation in a social enterprise”
- “Work session” which provides the participants with a chance practise the skills learnt in “Learning Sessions” through discussion and simulated exercises.
More importantly, there is a separate session that binds the participants “to share, co-create and build a plan of action for 6-8 weeks – in order to apply innovation within their organizations.” The organizers offer to provide coaching to implement the formulated plan through webinars and in-person consulting. Other take-aways include
- a position in the alumni network of organizations “who can share and learn on an ongoing basis through the MIF Platform”
- an “opportunity to be selected for a 12 to 18 month Innovation support and incubation program”
From the event plan the workshop seems to be very focussed on driving innovation into various critical components of a social enterprise including processes, ideas generation and impact measurement. Given that the organizers are open to post-event support and a longer term relationship, participating in this event seems to be worth paying for.
Interested participants may fill out a “Reply form (PDF)” to participate in this workshop which comes at Rs. 25,000/- for three members representing an organization. Further details about the workshop is available in the concept note(PDF).
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to email@example.com