Report

Free social media study – “Twitter for Events - How To Get The Most Out Of Twitter To Make Your Event A Success.

Team YS
20th Sep 2010
  • Share Icon
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • LinkedIn Icon
  • Reddit Icon
  • WhatsApp Icon
Share on

amiando (http://www.amiando.com), the online tool used to organize more than 100,000 events, makes an interesting study available for free about the usage of Twitter before, during and after events and provides useful recommendations how organizers can use these findings to make their events a success. amiando collected more than 31,000 tweets posted by almost 10,000 active Twitter users at ten different events worldwide and analyzed it to provide important findings and recommendations for event hosts.

The complete survey is available for free on: http://www.amiando.com/SocialMediaStudy.html


Fact 1: Twitter Behavior at Events

The activity level of Twitter usage does not depend on the size of the event. The ratio of users that tweet about the event to event participants ranges from ten percent (i.e. every tenth person at the event posts about the it) up to 800% (i.e. eight times as many people tweet about the event as there are participants).

Fact 2: Social Media and the Event Lifecycle

60% of all Twitter communication takes place while the event is being held. The remaining 40% split evenly before and after the event – apart from a second spike a few days after the event. Over the various phases of the event lifecycle the quality of the tweets changes.

Fact 3: Social Media Power Users

Power users account for a large share of all tweets about the event: 35% of users posted 80% of the Twitter content.

The full study is available for free at http://www.amiando.com/SocialMediaStudy.html

  • Share Icon
  • Facebook Icon
  • Twitter Icon
  • LinkedIn Icon
  • Reddit Icon
  • WhatsApp Icon
Share on
Report an issue
Authors

Related Tags