OME Community Series on Marketing : 10 takeaways for Effective RecruitmentTeam YS
This is a guest column by Shiva Purohit, Cofounder, Online Marketing Enthusiast CommunityRecruitment is a very difficult function as although every company has an HR department specially dedicated to employment and management of staff, no one specially is trained to execute this responsible task. And when the company is on the look out for qualified and trained professionals for a very important post then it becomes all the more important to make the right selection.
Starting off initially for recruitment
Even then, there are some things which if properly followed can give good end results. The format for selection should be based on certain criteria’s and past experience as well. One of the important factors while deciding for a person is to check his duration of working with other companies. When you employ a person, he is given full training about the company’s working and culture. The company devotes time to this new employee and hence it is expected that he should stay long enough to be of any benefit for the company. Hence for this background check on the employee becomes very essential.
Increase in attrition
The companies are facing high rate in attrition as employees switch over the jobs every now and then which affects the stability of company’s workforce. In such a situation checking upon different aspects of employee and some other aspects become very necessary before recruitment.
Here are the 10 takeaways for effective recruitment:
- Develop good content management system: Use Excel or Gist to manage the various contents of the company and make the information available at the proper moment.
- Check out for employees on various links: Try for different social networking sites like linked in, Twitter, Facebook, Also find out various words or synonyms for putting in the classifieds on the various classified job options on the internet.
- Dig out good profiles: Check out various profiles posted on these classifieds or on the networking sites and try to read in between lines to understand other human qualities apart from the obvious academic ones. Employee screening is very important to understand the suitability of the candidate and hence the background check should be done thoroughly.
- Recruiting through Twitter: It’s just fair to follow people on twitter whose profile matches your requirement. This way you can get to know about that candidate more as a person apart from being professional. You can also say that this is one way of doing employee checks.
- Go on resolutely: When you find someone or make a good contact then do not let any loose communication disturb the continuity. Follow the contact religiously so that the person you wish to hire respects your requirement and can start considering it positively.
- Networking always: Even if some persons do not show any interest in your company, do not stop networking with them. Being in the same field, they might give you some good contacts or can think of working with you in the near future. So, just keep on bonding. There is always a chance.
- Get in touch with the topmost: When you want to find out professionals in a particular field it is important that you know who is in the driving seat. Just manage to get in touch with the topmost professionals in that field, start developing good bonding. Soon, you have all the information about the leading performers in that field. Hiring comes later; first just get in touch as a social effort.
- Ready for references: Always keep on asking friends or acquaintances for good references. Some of them will surely work for you.
- Internal referral system: In every company, there are good and qualified employees. You can check with them if they have friends who studied with them or are equally qualified. This will make it easier for doing a background check.
- Do it every day: Continue this activity almost daily without stop so that slowly you will start getting good information.
Things you should do as a recruiter/employer:
- Implement pre-employment verification
- Ask candidates to get resume verification
- Calculate the cost of a bad hire.
- Get a Verified Twitter Account for recruiting through Twitter.
- Educate people by sharing this post in your network.
- Give your feedback by writing a comment or contacting us.
About OME Community:
OME – The Community of Online Marketing Enthusiasts is a group of passionate online marketers whose expertise spans several areas like- Search engine optimization (SEO), Social Media, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Affiliate marketing, Analytic, Content and much more. This group of Online Marketing Enthusiasts convenes to share and learn from industry experts in Online Marketing . OME has shared its members’ expertise with several businesses and corporates and entrepreneurs through a monthly meet up in IIM Bangalore, initiative as a part of which, the specialists come together every month in Bangalore (India), share their expertise and online marketing best practices with the community and the public through educating and helping the participants.
OME invites all passionate marketers and corporates to be a part of this platform and take it to a level where OME becomes THE a hub for all online marketers to help, share knowledge and educate SMEs , start ups or organizations leaning towards Online marketing. Active participation in discussions, group events, answering questions raised by group members and enrolling for the frequent workshops are just a few ways by which you can make a difference....
About Shiva Purohit:
Shiva Purohith is a SEO/Online Marketing Strategist at Crederity, consulting in areas that include Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising, Google Analytics, Banner Advertising, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Social Marketing Optimization (SMO) and Online Branding. For more information check out: http://www.digitalgyan.com, where you can learn more about online/digital Marketing strategies.
Co- Founder of Online Marketing Enthusiast Community. A Community of passionate online marketers, who come together every month to share and network. He is more than happy to discuss and involve himself with all things SEO/Online Marketing Strategies.