HP Helps India Customers Manage Business Growth with Compact, Shipped-to-order Data Centers
The HP Performance-optimized Data Center(POD) enables customers in India to rapidly expand compute capacity with a scalable, flexible and secure infrastructure to support new business growth. The HP POD offers Web 2.0, cloud computing, high-performance computing (HPC) and enterprise customers with limited space, budget or critical mobility needs to remain competitive by lowering costs, increasing facility efficiency and accelerating time to market.“Keeping pace with the demands of IT growth in the data center, as well as rising energy costs is a constant challenge. The extended time and significant costs required to update or expand a data center adds to the complexity,” said Rajesh Dhar, director, Industry Standard Servers, HP India. “With the HP POD, customers now have the flexibility to balance their capital expenditures and operating expenses while quickly and seamlessly meeting their needs for additional capacity.”
Designed specifically to support a wide range of industry-standard technology, the HP POD addresses these challenges by:
- Providing customers with more density than competitive offerings by supporting more than 3,500 compute nodes, or 12,000 large-form-factor (LFF) hard drives, in a 20 or 40-foot shipping container.
- Delivering the equivalent of 4,000-plus square feet of typical data center capacity that ships within six weeks of the customer’s order. HP PODs are built to order and delivered through HP Factory Express, HP’s customization, configuration and integration services organization.
- Offering flexible configurations optimized for power or density, which enables customers to quickly upgrade or extend the capacity of their physical infrastructures to meet their specific business needs.
Providing HP POD Infrastructure Services, including assessment, preparation and deployment services, as well as data center design and planning through HP Mission Critical Services.
HP POD stats:
- Available in 20-foot or 40-foot containers
Forty-foot container delivers:
- 22 x 50U, 19-inch full-depth industry-standard racks support HP and other companies’ servers
- Support for 3,520 compute nodes,12,000 LFF drives, or any combination
- 1,800+ watts/square foot, compared to 150 – 250 watts/square foot in a typical data center
- 600+ kilowatts of capacity
- Pre-integrated, configured and tested before shipment; shipped worldwide in six weeks from receipt of order
- Energy efficiency of PUE ratio <1.25 (1.07 excluding chiller)
HP POD Infrastructure Services
Services available for the complete lifecycle of the HP POD:
- Data center integration and planning
- Critical facilities services
- Tailored Factory Express POD
- Build, integrate, test and ship
- Onsite implementation
- Deployment, commissioning, acceptance testing
- Ongoing maintenance and support
- Options include proactive and critical service named services account team
Additional Web resources on HP PODs:
- More information about the HP POD products, software and services is available at www.hp.com/products/pod
- An HP POD virtual video tour is available at www.hp.com/go/pod
Additional information about HP’s scalable computing and cloud infrastructure portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/massivescaleout
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.