Villgro Fellows Program InternShital Shah
Villgro is a social enterprise incubator based in India that enables rural development by identifying and incubating innovations that use market based models to impac thousands of rural households. We actively promote social entrepreneurship and work with different stakeholders to create and support an eco-system that empowers social entrepreneurs by means of a host of services indluding seed funding, mentoring, networking and recognition. We have impacted over 360,000 rural users with technology & solutions reaching the grassroots. We have identified and activated more than 2000 social innovators. For more information, please visit http://www.villgro.org/
A critical element of building the ecosystem of social enterprise is leadership. Villgro has created a Fellows Program that identifies 10 leaders each year and provides them a leadership development training program that includes a 10-month placement at a VIllgro incubatee.
Reporting to the Fellows Manager, the Fellows Intern is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Fellows Program; more detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting design of recruiting processes
- Managing collection of resumes, interface with candidates and coordination of internal team
- Assisting with scheduling of training events and speakers for Fellows Program
- Being the interface between Fellows Program and Villgro Administration making sure Fellows are well-supported during the year
Candidates for the Fellows Intern role should have a passionate commitment to Villgro’s mission of using social enterprise to develop rural India. Strong candidates will have a blend of private sector and non-profit experience, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to manage and deliver projects independently and proactively in a fast- paced work environment.
Additionally they will have the following attributes:
- Undergraduate degree – international experience is a plus
- Experience in administering projects
- Diligence, maturity, poise, excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through
25,000/ month with a minimum of a three month commitment. Depending on performance, this could turn into full-time position.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com