Citrix offers upto Rs. 1.75 Cr in seed funds to Indian Start-ups and Entrepreneurs
Indian startups and entrepreneurs targeting the cloud computing, collaboration and mobile market segments are being invited to participate in the Citrix Startup Accelerator Global Challenge to access up to Rs. 1.75 Cr ($400,000) in seed funding and business opportunities.Citrix Systems Inc., a US Headquartered enterprise software company with operations worldwide and a large India R&D center located Bangalore, has launched this initiative to identify and assist the “best and brightest” new businesses in the collaboration, mobile and cloud computing segments.
Citrix has identified India as one of five key global technology ecosystems and growth markets. Entrepreneurs from all across India are invited to compete for six new places in the accelerator program, which includes up to Rs. 1.75cr (US$ 400,000) in entrepreneur friendly seed funding.
In addition, participants will receive mentoring and leadership guidance and have access to the Citrix Startup Accelerator Center and program for up to 18 months. The program is focused on unique technologies and go-to-market business models that could deliver innovative new capabilities in areas such as virtualization, cloud platforms, collaboration, mobility, networking, storage systems, security, and SaaS.
The Citrix Startup Accelerator actively seeks the following qualities in applicants:
- Innovative business solutions using the latest technologies.
- Clear explanation of how the proposed solution addresses mobile business.
- A superior user experience based on insights into human behaviour.
- Emphasis on solving business problems and simplifying our digital lives.
- A compelling business plan and scalable business model.
The program discourages applicants who intend to propose:
- ‘Me too’ business ideas such as group buying or auction site.
- Vertical applications such as restaurant booking systems.
- Consumer-applications such as dating sites.
- Growth funding merely to build out the team to expand sales footprint or market access.
Applications close on May 27. To apply, check out http://citrixstartupaccelerator.com/