8th EMERGEOUT Conclave at Delhi to focus upon Cloud, mobile and social platforms
Internet penetration is likely to touch 300 million users in the next five years, which is three times the present numbers. Cloud computing, the new rage of technology, will touch $1 billion in market size around the same time. There is no technology without social nowadays. Mobile apps are likely to become an industry as big as the software services industry, if predictions are going to be true.
The agenda promises to be as exciting and as informative. Apart from hosting the key thought leaders who will be able to predict the trends with a fair amount of accuracy, technology entrepreneurs stand to benefit from workshops that will give them real-time lessons and pointers.
Which are the areas this Conclave is likely to touch upon?
- How do we build an eco-system which will induce young entrepreneurs to start ventures in this domain? Can we showcase enough success stories which will help break down age-old myths? Can we create channels where the individual can touch upon for financial support and not spend an insane amount of time running from pillar-to-post?
- How does one scale up? What are the challenges of scaling-up – structurally, technically and financially? Workshops are planned, by some very senior thought leaders to address these issues.
- Celebrating Entrepreneurship – how different are tech entrepreneurs from their predecessors.
- Experiments with “Sales” – strategies likely to succeed.
- Dark side of saying “No” – when and if at all should entrepreneurs walk away from deals? If at all.
Starting last year, NASSCOM has been trying to build in an ecosystem space for mobile apps. Continuing with the AppFame from last year’s Delhi Conclave, this event will also host AppFame, the showcase of eight best mobile apps. If you have developed an App (on the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Symbian, etc.), which you think will create waves in the tech world, then please apply. There will be a jury panel which will evaluate all entries and the Top 8 Apps will be awarded and showcased at the event. You have a couple of days only. So hurry!
Don’t miss out. Register for the conclave here.
—Venkatesh Krishnamoorthy, chief evangelist