Flipkart Launches Their Digital Music Store, Flyte
Flipkart.com, today announced the launch of Flyte, its digital music store. The country’s largest e-commerce player forayed into the downloadable digital content market. Users will be able to discover and download music in the form of individual songs or entire albums on Flyte. The collection is backed by leading Indian and international music companies.
Speaking about the launch of Flyte, Flipkart.com, co-founder & CEO, Sachin Bansal said, “We had maintained that making Digital content available was one of our focus areas and this launch marks our first step in that direction.”
“An online music store made sense given the wide appeal this category enjoys in the country. Needless to say, all the features that delight Flipkart customers –selection, convenience and customer service will also be intrinsic to Flyte,” he added.
Some of the key features of Flyte:
- A comprehensive online music collection with over a million tracks from 150,000 unique albums
- Tracks available in mp3 format and playable on any digital media device
- DRM-free music, which basically means that users can freely transfer their music from one device to another very easily
- Track prices start from Rs. 6 and album prices start from Rs. 25
- Users will be allowed to download the same file 3 more times after the initial download and at no extra cost
- All standard payment options such as credit/debit card, internet banking, gift vouchers and the Flipkart Wallet will be available for purchases made on Flyte
“We hope that such a move will help curb piracy and go a long way in supporting original music and its creators. With music available across 55 languages and 700 genres and sub-genres, this is a service that should appeal to all age groups and music lovers,” summed up Sameer Nigam, VP, Digital at Flipkart.com.