YourStory.in is happy to share an exciting opportunity for all the entrepreneurs in the cloud and mobile space to consider. Microsoft BizSpark India Startup Challenge is an effort to find entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas that can significantly impact their markets. The search is for fresh ideas and vibrant leaders who can help shape the future of Cloud computing and Mobile application. This is a platform, for those start-ups or individuals who leverage the power of these latest technologies to build applications that impact the future of business.
Microsoft is looking for a business plan that is innovative, has scalable market potential and the team behind the plan should be able to articulate a vision and execute their business plan. The business plan being submitted should include an Executive Summary, Management/Founders Biographies, Business Description, Market Analysis, Competitive Overview, Business Risk Summary and Financial Projections.
The submissions need not be lengthy and may describe the business with a link to the actual app or website. The selection would be based on a combination of the business plan and the application. At the finals, the selected participants would briefly present its business and demo the app
What’s in for the Winners?
The challenge offers an opportunity for Startups to win huge grants to realise their business plan. The 16 Finalists will be shortlisted on the basis of ingenuity, creativity and innovation of the submitted plans. 1st and the 2nd winner of each category stand to win a grant of USD 30000 and USD 15000 respectively. The 4 runners-up in Cloud category will receive a grant of USD 1000 each and 3 runners-up in Mobile category will receive a grant of USD 1000. But most importantly, the challenge is an opportunity for the BizSpark Community to build and deepen connections, share ideas, network partners and celebrate the individual successes of member startups.
Who can participate?
Participants who currently have product/IP startup that fulfill all the following criteria are entitled to participate in the challenge
- Product/IP startup (with defensible technologies) which are leveraging Microsoft technologies to create impact in the marketplace,
- Viability of the product/IP startup (Market opportunity, Competition, etc.),
- The disruptive role the Product/IP startup plays in the IT landscape, the unique value proposition,
- Product/IP startup must have the following focus areas:
- Cloud Computing OR
- Mobile Applications
All business plans will be evaluated on a number of criteria, including:
- Merits of innovation: At Microsoft we know a thing or two about innovation- after all, innovative spirit has shaped the past 35 years of our business. While we are interested in ideas that will impact the future of Cloud computing and Mobile application, what is most important is the ingenuity, creativity and innovation intrinsic to your business plan.
- Market potential: Does your product or service scale and address a sizable market?
- Management capabilities: We are looking for teams that can articulate a vision and execute their business plan.
- G Score: Framework developed by Guidewire group. To view, please click here
Please ensure your business plan includes an Executive Summary, Management/Founders Biographies, Business Description, Market Analysis, Competitive Overview, Business Risk Summary and Financial Projections.
Contest at a Glance
If you have any query/ suggestions please write to me at email@example.com, will be happy to discuss.