Twelve Charter Angels Join VentureNursery, A Startup Accelerator
“We had earlier announced that we would be looking at enlisting the support of six to seven angel investors to join our Charter Angels program. As Shravan and I met potential angel investors individually, we were pleasantly surprised by the strong support we received from everyone and finally ended up signing up almost double that number.” commented Ravi Kiran, Co-founder, VentureNursery.
Shravan Shroff, Co-founder, VentureNursery added, “All of our Charter Angels have made several angel investments and understand its risks and joys. They are truly committed to mentoring young companies and giving them a fair opportunity to make an impact through enterprise. We value their support to our endeavour to make a meaningful contribution to India’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.”
The Charter Angels, in alphabetical order, are:
- Mr Amit Patni - Co-founder and Chairman, Nirvana Venture Advisors
- Mr Anand Ladsariya -CEO and Promoter Director, Everest Flavours
- Mr Arihant Patni – Director, Nirvana Venture Advisors
- Mr Ashok Kumar Damani -Co-founder, K Damani Group of Companies
- Mr Bhanu Chopra - Founder, Rate Gain
- Mr Bharat Banka - CEO, Aditya Birla Private Equity
- Mr Kaushal Kumbhat - Managing Director, FMS Group
- Mr Nitin Agarwal - Managing Partner, N M Fashions&CEO and Promoter Director of Devesh Agriexim
- Mr Sadeesh Raghavan -Member, Global Advisory Board, Acumen Fund and Former MD, Accenture North & South Asia
- Mr Sanjay Mehta - CEO, MAIA Intelligence
- Mr Siddharth Raisoni - Executive Director, SGR Advisors & Fund Manager SGR Achievers Knowledge Fund
- Mr Sameer Brij Verma – Vice President, Nexus Venture Partners
As reported recently, VentureNursery has received an enthusiastic response from over 120 entrepreneurs for both its acceleration programs – the 90-day boot camp and the ParallelTrack process.
This is what some of the Charter Angels have said.
Mr Amit Patni, - Co-founder and Chairman, Nirvana Venture Advisors
“Venture Nursery is a great initiative to incubate and encourage young budding entrepreneurs of India to make their dream project come alive. There are very few such opportunities where start ups can be trained for future success. I wish all the best for VentureNursery.”
Mr Bharat Banka, CEO, Aditya Birla Private Equity
“There is a visible market gap between ‘angel investing’ and ‘mentoring approach to angel investing’. Venture Nursery is a platform, modelled on mentoring approach to angel investing and I am sure will be instrumental in germinating multiple successful ideas”
Mr Sadeesh Raghavan- Member, Global Advisory Board, Acumen Fund and Former MD, Accenture North & South Asia
“In India today for entrepreneurs who are just starting out, with an idea, little funds and probably not much else, there is a vacuum in the support infrastructure that they can tap into to further develop their idea and take it to market. VentureNursery is focused on this need and will enable more entrepreneurs take their ideas from paper into reality”
Mr Kaushal Kumbhat- Managing Director, FMS Group
“The mission of VentureNursery is to democratize venture capital. Talented entrepreneurs, even those who are bereft of godfathers, should still have access to India's best venture investors prepared to hand-hold, mentor, back and build the next generation of successful businesses. That is our goal.”
Mr Anand Ladsaria- CEO and Promoter Director, Everest Flavours
“I am very pleased that Shravan Shroff and Ravi Kiran have started this angel backed accelerator. A large number of our youngsters have ideas and dreams to start their own venture, but lack the experience and resources to take the plunge. An accelerator fills that gap by providing resources, mentorship and investment. This initiative by Shravan and Ravi is very timely and I wish them a grand success.
This is a very encouraging move for the startup ecosystem in India and you can know more about the accelerator on their website.