Online shopping is in and looking at the gargantuan collection Amazon has, it is hard to resist from clicking on ‘buy’. The only thing might have been stopping Indian would be the International shipping costs which sometimes overshadow the lure. But Amazon has taken a step here which might open the floodgates. Under their AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping scheme, Indians wouldn’t have to pay shipping costs for purchases more than $125.
As always, there’s a caveat- not everything from Amazon can be bought in India but the range is still wide enough. Raju from Technology Personalized details on how you can find all the products that are under the scheme:
“There are two ways to go about finding the eligible products. First way is to search for the product you are interested in on Amazon’s search box and add it to your cart. You’ll be asked to sign-in to your Amazon account. In the next screen, you will see if that product is eligible for AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping or not.
But the issue is, not all products are eligible for Global shipping. So, I’d suggest you to search for the category of the product, rather than the specific brand. For example, instead of searching for Nikon D7000, search for DSLR and then click on the departmentCamera & Photo on top left, and finally the AmazonGlobal Eligible link below International Shipping on left sidebar. This will list all the eligible products under that category. Hence makes it easier for you to find the product you might like to purchase under AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping program.”
Here’s more about the program from Amazon’s site,
To Take Advantage of FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping:
- Place at least $125 of eligible AmazonGlobal Saver products, excluding the Import Fees Deposit, in your Shopping Cart. Most products shipped using the AmazonGlobal Program that are sold by Amazon.com are eligible for AmazonGlobal Saver. Products weighing 20 pounds or more and certain oversized products aren’t eligible, though.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Ship your items to a single address in India.
- Select “Group my items into as few shipments as possible” as your shipping preference.
- Select AmazonGlobal Saver as your shipping speed. Your order will be delivered within 9-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship (including pre-order items).
- Place your order, and enjoy the free shipping!
With this shipping option, we fulfill your order in a more cost-efficient way. This allows us to pass our savings on to you in the form of free shipping. While it might take some extra time to pack and ship your order, you’ll still receive it within the estimated delivery time frame.
Charges for imports and customs are still additional; more details here.