The selection includes books with advice for startups, tips for aspiring entrepreneurs, assessments of Indian innovation, case studies of app developers and entrepreneurs, and even guidelines for creating startup communities in a city.
We look forward to your comments on these books, and to suggestions for books to review for 2013. Our research team and all our colleagues at YourStory.in wish our readers and partners a happy holiday season and a terrific year ahead in 2013 – may a million successful startups bloom in India!
1) The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
by Eric Ries
2) Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City
by Brad Feld
3) Appillionaires: Secrets from Developers who Struck it Rich on the App Store
by Chris Stevens
4) The Entrepreneurial Instinct: How Everyone has the Innate Ability to Start a Successful Small Business
by Monica Mehta
5) India Inside: The Emerging Innovation Challenge to the West
by Nirmalya Kumar and Phanish Puranam
6) The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future
by Chris Guillebeau
7) The Game Changers: 20 Extraordinary Success Stories of Entrepreneurs
by Yuvnesh Modi, Rahul Kumar, Alok Kothari
8 ) Little Bets: How Breakthrough Ideas Emerge from Small Discoveries
by Peter Sims
9) Jugaad Innovation: A Frugal and Flexible Approach to Innovation for the 21st Century
by Navi Radjou, Jaideep Prabhu and Simone Ahuja
10) Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World
by Tony Wagner
Follow YourStory's research director Madanmohan Rao on Twitter at @madanrao
Want to make your startup journey smooth? YS Education brings a comprehensive Funding Course, where you also get a chance to pitch your business plan to top investors. Click here to know more.