Put on your hacking caps! YourStory announces India Hacks, in partnership with HackerEarth
So are you proud to be a hacker? No? Then do not read further.
But for those who have decided to read on, Albert Einstein had once famously said, “The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limit.” And this post is for people who understand the difference. Because a hacker is not just someone who can break security systems, but he is the genius who’s awesome with computer systems and knows his/her limits. And it’s all such geniuses that YourStory seeks. And we together – You and YourStory – can make India the hacking capital on this side of the world.
YourStory in partnership with HackerEarth kicks off a pan-India hacking challenge “India Hacks” this summer. Calling all ye hackers across India to participate in this 24 hours challenge to solve five to six tough problems we give you. Top 2 hackers will each win a cash prize of Rs 60,000 and Rs 40,000. All Top 10 hackers will win an all-expense paid trip to Bangalore and an opportunity to tour some of the top tech companies in the city. Winners also get a chance to spend sometime with mentors either on phone or in person.
- The contest will start at 9 pm IST on March 30, 2013 and will end at 8.59 pm IST on March 31, 2013. Rules and details of the contest are as follows:
- The contest consists of five challenges -- a mix of algorithm puzzles, API based problems and a Codegolf challenge
- For API based games, the results will be declared after running all the API solutions.
- There maybe some penalty for submitting the wrong solution to some questions.
- Final decision of the contest solely rests with HackerEarth admins and no queries will be entertained in the matter.
- Participants are advised to refrain from discussing strategy during the contest.
- Any case of code plagiarism will result in disqualification of participants from the contest.
- The participants can directly code on our interface. We support 8 major languages and you can look at the environment in which we run your code.
To participate, go to http://indiahacks.yourstory.in/ and register now. And if you have any further queries write to us on: firstname.lastname@example.org