2013 has been another terrific year for books about startups, entrepreneurs and the innovation ecosystem! See also our list from last year of Top 10 Books of 2012 for entrepreneurs.
Of the dozens of books received for review and picked up from overseas visits, here is my pick of the Top 10 Books of 2013 for entrepreneurs. The selection includes books with advice for startups, tips for aspiring entrepreneurs, assessments of Indian innovation, case studies of entrepreneurs, guidelines for scaling up startups, and insights on how to sustain a culture of innovation.
1. Startup CEO: A Field Guide to Scaling Up Your Business, by Matt Blumberg
2. Unrelenting Innovation: How to Create a Culture for Market Dominance, by Gerard Tellis
3. Brand Breakout: How Emerging Market Brands Will Go Global, by Nirmalya Kumar and Jan-Benedict Steenkamp
4. Disciplined Entrepreneurship: 24 Steps to a Successful Startup, by Bill Aulet
5. Ten Types of Innovation: The Discipline of Building Breakthroughs, by Larry Keeley, Ryan Pikkel, Brian Quinn and Helen Walters
7. The Wide Lens: What Successful Innovators See That Others Miss, by Ron Adner
8. 8 Steps to Innovation: Going from Jugaad to Excellence, by Vinay Dabholkar and Rishikesha Krishnan
9. The Agile Startup: Quick and Dirty Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know, by Jeff Scheinrock & Matt Richter-Sand
10. The Captainship: First Gen Entrepreneurs, edited by Anya Gupta
We look forward to your comments on these book reviews, and suggestions for books to review for 2014.
YourStory wish our readers and partners a happy holiday season and a terrific year ahead – may a million successful entrepreneurs bloom and expand around the world!