Digital signage company Xtreme Media witnesses 800% growth in turnover
Advertisers face major blind spots online from their targeted audience these days. As a consumer, don’t we hate the pop-ups and banner ads, and what about the offline world – the world with hoardings and digital signages? Do you have an option to ignore these digital boards at airports while standing in queue for your boarding pass? Signboards near the checkout counters of busy stores, signs at bus stops and signs in airports all attract eyeballs and capture attention when we’re not looking for other content.
Started in 2009, Xtreme Media (XM) begun developing its own digital signage solution to control any kind of digital screen from a remote location. Xtreme Media is an interesting startup helping advertisers leveraging physical hardware signage to grab audience’s eyeballs.
They were part of this year's TechSparks Mumbai with their exhibits in the Tech Bazaar section educating the participants about their product offerings.
Sanket Rambhia’s entry into this business was relatively easy as his family was involved in the business of selling LED displays. He, however, innovated on the hardware to make it suitable for the digital signage industry. Sanket did his post graduation in computer science from Drexel University, Philadelphia, and has worked as a software associate in the risk modeling team of Blackrock Asset Management.
This weekend project has come a long way today. Their first software product was to display stock exchange. Today, the team provides wide-scale display solutions under the roof from LED video wall hardware, digital signage software and integration along with full-fledged on-site support. Further diversifying their portfolio of solutions, XM has now started content creation services too.
In a short span of five years, the team has developed an excellent network of 50 partners focusing on innovation in every way possible. They have built a strong in-house development team to keep finding innovative solutions to various problems their clients face in the market.
The team has added new products under its portfolio like Queue Management Software, Android & SSSP based signage solutions, meeting room software, Advanced Analytics, gesture-based digital signage solution, latest technology in LED video walls (3 mm in indoor & 6 mm in outdoor), LED media façade solutions, digital brochures, way finding solutions and a few more. They started as a team of four people back in 2009 and now are almost a 50-member strong team.
The founders believe that their diverse portfolio defines their success and they have the hunger to keep expanding it.
Xtreme Media rolled out the biggest digital signage installation in India in the banking sector for State Bank of India. This project was instrumental for them to further get more such 15 digital signage projects.
The team has provided a digital signage solution for SBI’s 2000 branches & ATMs pan India with a vision to further extend across the bank’s 10,000 branches & ATMs in the near future.
A few of their major installations include:
- Their LED installations at Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange have been instrumental in the company’s fast success. They have two vertical stock exchange tickers 50 ft high, and are installed in the NSE lobby in Mumbai along with an innovative cylindrical LED wall installation of 3mm.
- Next time when you visit the Duty Free shop at Mumbai International Airport’s T2 Terminal, do glance at the oval and circular LED displays in the shop. XM is responsible for these display installations right from curved displays to content creation services.
- They have also expanded their portfolio into sports by installing two huge LED displays at Barsapara Cricket Stadium in Guwahati to show live scores, action replays and advertisements. In this case, the team is responsible for end-to-end project comprising of LED displays, control system, structure and installation along with Xtreme Media cricketing software.
- A Goa-based media company, Crison Media, has adapted an innovative promotional approach by installing rotating outdoor LED video wall on a moving truck.
- Syntel is showing live streaming in different locations with the help of XM server software integrated with live streaming server. Display screens are powered with XM Android based digital signage solution. All file formats such as image, video, flash, text files, and weather information along with Live streaming of MD/ Chairman’s speeches or any other live messages is played on these displays.
- With the help of their Android players & XM Server software, Adidas is showing Live TV and signage application. The solution is running at Adidas Headquarters in Delhi. This solution will soon roll out for pan India Adidas stores.
Talking about revenue growth, the company has recorded a staggering jump of 800% in their turnover from the year 2012-2013 to year 2013-2014. They have already booked revenue of around INR 600 lacs in the first half of the current financial year.
Today, Xtreme Media has become a trusted brand in digital signage industry. It became the only Indian company to closely partner with Samsung to provide solutions on their SSSP platform. They have expanded their digital signage solutions on diverse platforms like Windows, Linux, Android, SSSP, and will soon launch on LG web OS Platform.
Speaking about the achievements and future developments, Sanket says,
We plan to achieve maximum penetration of digital signage in Indian B2B market. For the domestic market, we are planning to set up sales offices in metro cities and strengthen our partner network so we can serve a customer from any part of India, including metro cities. We are looking at a strategic alliance with a company which can help us in establishing our brand in the global market, and together we can be a strong solution provider for the global market.
The team is very focused to build Xtreme Media as a leading digital signage & LED Displays (DOOH) brand globally. They have plans to establish their company as a hub for software and content management in a cost effective manner by innovative products, brand building, worldwide distribution and servicing network and organization building.