Take the YourStory Quiz: How smart are you?
As the weekend comes we bring you the second version of YourStory quiz. Winners for the last quiz have been announced. This quiz has been prepared in partnership with Walnut Knowledge Solutions. Take a shot at it and send us your answers in the form at the bottom. The quiz is open until Friday and we’ll announce the winners on Saturday. And yes, there is a prize for the winner who we’ll select through a lucky draw of all the correct answers.
1. Founded by Dhruv Shringi, Manish Amin and Sabina Chopra, this company’s renowned investors include Norwest Venture Partners (NVP), Reliance Capital, and Television 18 Group. It also has a brand ambassador & investor in Salman Khan. Name the company.
Answer: Yatra.com/ Yatra Online
Read more about companies/start-ups backed by Bollywood celebrities here.
2. As per the poster released by this Indian media company, ________ is writing your BBM pin on your Whatsapp status. Just tell us what the blank is.
3. This transportation company uses motifs in bright pink colour (as seen in the image) as a nod to their welcome view toward female passengers and their safety. Another reason for using friendly and bold colour schemes is because this company wants to make its branding less masculine than its competitors. Which company am I talking about?
4. This famous Indian visionary met his wife in a quiz competition that his college IIT Bombay had organised as a part of its annual college cultural festival Mood Indigo. He attributes many of his leadership lessons from the experience derived while organising his college festival Mood Indigo. Who?
Answer: Nandan Nilekani.
He met Rohini Nilekani at a quiz competition. Listen to what Nandan had to say at the TechSparks Grand finale.
5. Which Indian member of the prestigious jury panel of Pritzker Architecture Prize (considered to be one of the world's premier architecture prizes) connects to the following companies?
Answer: Ratan Tata
Read more about it here.
6. Unitus Seed Fund is an investment fund, based in Bangalore and Seatle, Washington which invests in Indian startups that have the potential for large-scale impact on poverty and significantly help those living under $2 a day. Which famous Harvard Law School dropout recently invested in Unitus Seed Fund?
Answer: Bill Gates.
Read more about the Investment.
7. In relation to a famous start-up based out of Bangalore, if “Lemontee” and “Backbenchers” were discarded, what was eventually selected?
Answer: Alma Mater
Alma Mater is India's largest company for providing merchandise to students of schools and colleges and was founded by two friends Varun Agarwal and Rohn Malhotra. Varun Agarwal is also the author of the bestselling book “How I Braved Anu Aunty and Co-Founded A Million Dollar Company”, chronicling his journey as an entrepreneur. Read more about him.
8.The founder ofthis Pune-based company which was recently acquired by a global company put out the following tweet. Which company?
The Pune-based online/mobile food ordering and delivery service start-up has been acquired by Rocket Internet-backed Global online food delivery marketplace FoodPanda.
Walnut Knowledge Solutions (www.walnuts.co.in), a Bangalore-based organisation founded by two lawyers, Raghav Chakravarthy and Sachin Ravi, focused on quizzing and the use of knowledge-based tools for engagement, learning, and development. In short, they conduct quizzes across topics and platforms, pursue teaching initiatives at schools, engage brand/employees through quiz-based events and develop content (for apps, websites and other visual mediums).