Leg Workout are weight training exercises that helps to strengthen thighs, buttocks, calves and hips. Leg muscles are involved whenever you are walking, get up and down in stairs and while lifting some object on floor. By the way muscles on your leg widely helps in day to day activities.
List of muscles found on your legs:
• Quadriceps – group of muscles found on anterior or front aspect of the thigh.
• Hamstring – group of muscles that found on the rear aspect of the thigh.
• Gluteals – Group of muscles that are found on your Buttocks.
• Hip Flexors – Muscles that are found on side of your hips.
• Calves – Muscles located at back portion of your lower leg.
On most of the fitness exercises, leg exercises requires assistance from your neighboring muscles and while performing leg workout you neither need help from back muscles or abdominal muscles and most time you need both to perform.
Leg Building Workout Programs – Beginner Level
• Barbell Squat
• Dumbbell Lunges
• Leg Press
• Lying Leg Curls
• Standing Calf Raises