Selling a house successfully can be a tedious job due to bad real estate market. The people try every trick in the book such as clearing out garage, getting all carpets clean, making necessary amendments to get rid of the house successfully. But every passing day it becomes frustrating for the sellers, as some of the buyers don’t like the location, some don’t like the neighborhood, while some think the deal is too high. So, for selling the house quickly and making a reasonable profit, here are some of the useful tips that can speedup the selling.
1. Fix up a Reasonable Price: Firstly find out how much worth the home is. Then quote the price 10-15% less to the buyers. There will be bid war among the buyers, even in the worst markets and eventually the bid amount will go higher than the original value.
2. Brighten up the House: Try to maximize the light in the home as much as possible. Cleanup the windows, change into bright lampshades, replace the old light bulbs with high wattage light blubs and cut down the bushes to let in the sunshine and make your house bright and shiny.
3. Hire a Tech Savvy Agent: The sellers should always find an experienced property seller, who has a successful track record of selling houses. Find a broker who knows about the pros of the house, who has a good knowledge of the neighborhood and also who has various tools and ideas to get the house sold as soon as possible.
4. Avoid Bad Odors: Minute things can turn off the buyers, in which bad odor is one of the reason. So try as much as possible to nullify the source of bad odor. Allow ventilation, clear drains and washbasins, get rid of old furniture and carpets. Also the sellers can bake bread or cake for the buyers to spread good aroma in the house.
5. De-Personalize the Home: One of the important factors for selling the house is to de-personalize it. Try to make the home as neutral as possible. Remove family photos and collectibles, rearrange the furniture to showcase the floor plans, De-clutter the storage units and keep the photo canvas blank, so that the buyers can visualize themselves in the house
6. Upgrade the Kitchen: Kitchen is the most valuable asset in the house and is a deciding factor for buying a house. Re-Modeling them can be expensive, but is worth every penny as buyers can knock upto 10,000$ if the kitchen looks outdated. Using a neutral color paint, adding some expensive hardware in the cabinet and De-clutter the floors can add serious value to the home.
7. First Impression is very Important: Last and the most important tip to sell the house is to have a good impression on the buyers. The buyer judges you even before they walk the door. So it important to make buyers feel warm, welcome and a sense of security around the house. Decorate your home exterior with colored flowers and as a welcome, offer them some cookies That is why the saying is –“ the first impression is the best impression”