4 reasons why you should definitely apply to the BC GSVlabs Accelerator 2017
What if you have a chance to get mentored by the who’s-who of the entrepreneurial world and interact with founders of startups in the Silicon Valley? Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
That’s just one of the reasons why you should apply for the BC GSVlabs Accelerator 2017. This is a joint venture by Brand Capital - the strategic investment arm of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., and GSVlabs- one of Silicon Valley’s most renowned global innovation centres that accelerates startups. The programme aims to bring the Silicon Valley ethos to the Indian startup ecosystem.
In 2016, the first edition of the accelerator saw participation from startups across sectors – healthtech, real estate, edtech, and travel, among others. The 15-week hands-on programme was extremely successful and now the BC-GSV Accelerator is back with its second cohort. The programme will take place in two locations - Bangalore and Gurgaon. The main sectors they are targeting this time include Health Tech, Education Tech, Fin tech and Consumer Tech. So, if you’re a startup from one of these sectors looking to grow and scale up, you should definitely be a part of this.
Applications for the BC GSVlabs Accelerator programme 2017 close on February 22nd, 2017, so apply in today at bcgsv.com
Here are just four reasons out of many why you cannot afford to miss this chance:
- An opportunity to experience the Silicon Valley ecosystem
- Participants will get a two-week immersive experience at the GSVlabs headquarters in the Silicon Valley. Not only will they get to engage with founders of other startups, they’ll also visit offices of successful firms and interact with their teams. There will also be investor road shows and workshops. The accelerator also has tie-ups with several technology platforms that will engage with the participants through various workshops and tools focused on in product development.
- All the media exposure you can ever ask for
- One of the most important things that a budding startup can ask for is awareness. Not many platforms give you a chance to present yourself to the world. But at the BC GSVlabs Accelerator, with its affiliation to the Times of India Group, offers media investment and distribution opportunities. Being a part of this programme would give you a fantastic stage to take the story of your company and innovation to large audiences. In fact, participants will be working at the Times of India offices in both cities. This will also help you rapidly acquire more customers and scale your brand. What more can a startup ask for?
- Access to experts and industry stalwarts
- Mentors from both India and Silicon Valley will come together to share their experiences and mentor budding startups and entrepreneurs. Each participant will be exclusively mentored by one expert. The selected firms will have an opportunity to directly interact with the mentors, getting access to some important names in the global innovation scene. The execution-led focus of the programme will enable the participants to develop their Minimal Viable Product and their go-to market strategies. With their experiences and learning, the mentors will be able to provide the participants with insights and information that they wouldn’t have access to otherwise.
- A chance to work with experienced brands and leading platforms
- Brand Capital has some of the best and most experienced minds in India, who have contributed to the growth of brands. GSVlabs, on the other hand, has incubated numerous startups and enabled them to scale their business growth on the global stage. The two have partnered through this accelerator to contribute to the creation of a powerful entrepreneurial system. Additionally, you will also have access to leading technology platforms and a huge network that will guarantee your growth. In fact, two startups from the previous cohort, Perpule and Mate, have managed to raise follow-on investment rounds. You could be in the same place by next year!
Now that you know some of the several advantages that this programme has in store for you, don’t miss the chance to be a part of this amazing journey.
The last date for applying to the accelerator program is 22nd February, 2017.