The International Yoga Day has seen its third edition and was observed and led by popular yoga guru Baba Ramdev at the GMDC ground in Ahmedabad. Around three lakh people were present at the event, practising various asanas. Three lakh people attending a yoga event is reportedly a world record, according to the yoga guru Ramdev.
Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani, Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel, various leaders of the cabinet, IAS and IPS officers, and other dignitaries were present at the event. Baba Ramdev, who facilitated the practice of these asanas by making people stretch their bodies through several postures for almost an hour and a half, later claimed that the event has made it to the Guinness Book of World Records after three lakh people performed yoga at one place.
Speaking with Hindustan Times, Baba Ramdev said,
Today is the most important day for me, as more than three lakh people performed yoga at one place to set a new world record. We have broken the previous world record, which was set in the presence of our PM, by a huge margin.
As per a report by India.com, here is the list of 21 records that were made on that day:
1. Longest yoga marathon: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Mahesh Yogi, who belongs to Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh, began performing yoga on June 19 at 5:20 am. He completed 51-hour of performance on June 21.
2. Longest performance of sheershasan: Three workers of Patanjali Yogapeeth, Jaipal, Gopal Dangi and Mohan Shankar Rao Thakrey performed sheershasan in a group for three hours 33 minutes and 33 seconds at a stretch.
3. Longest performance of sheersh padmasana: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Ravi Vyom Shankar Jha from Madhubani in Bihar performed sheersh padmasana for 40 minutes to set a world record.
4. Surya namaskar (below 18 years category): Patanjali yoga guru Shri Chandramohan Negi performed surya namaskar for 4,500 times in just eight hours.
5. Surya namaskar (women): Patanjali yoga teacher Monica Nishad performed surya namaskar for 3124 times.
6. Highest number of push-ups: Patanjali yoga guru Aditya Singh (17) from Satna, Madhya Pradesh performed 157 push-ups in just a minute.
7. Sheershasan (women category): Patanjali yoga guru Gayatri ji who belongs to Chhattisgarh performed Sheershasan for an hour and four minutes.
8. Sheershasan (junior women category): Patanjali yoga guru Manisha Kumawat (17), who is a resident of Sikar in Rajasthan, performed Sheershasan for 51 minutes.
9. Surya Namaskar: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Devendra performed surya namaskar for 4050 times.
11. Maximum push-ups in one minute with 15 kg weight: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Harshram performed 70 push-ups in a minute along with 15 kg weight.
12. Maximum push-ups in an hour: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Kuldeep Saini performed 3150 push-ups in an hour.
13. Maximum push-ups in a minute: 157 push-ups were performed by Shri Aditya Singh in a minute
14. Fastest 1000 push-ups: Bijnor’s Patanjali yoga guru Dinesh Kumar performed 1000 push-ups in 12 minutes.
15. Longest surya namaskar marathon: Patanjali yoga guru from Goa, Shri Pankaj Sainekar performed surya namaskar continuously for 15 hours.
16. Surya namaskar in an hour: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Rajpal ji performed surya namaskar for 582 times in an hour.
17. Longest performance of surya namaskar (below 18 years): Shri Chandramohan Negi (17) performed surya namaskar for 563 times.
18. Gaumukh asana: Acharya Phulchandra performed gaumukh asana for nine hours and 30 minutes.
19. Surya namaskar (women category): Patanjali yoga guru Jagriti performed surya namaskar 492 times to set a world record.
20. Surya namaskar (young women category): Patanjali yoga teacher Vidya Rani performed surya namaskar 2,100 times in an hour.
21. Nauli yoga: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Pannalal performed nauli kriya 360 times in five minutes and 41 seconds.