Asking these 33 questions will help you break the ice with anyone
Have you always been terrible at making small talk? Are you often at a loss of ways on how to strike a conversation with someone you're meeting for the very first time? Don't fret as you're not the only one who isn't an expert at breaking the proverbial ice.
Whether you want to start a conversation for the sake of networking or you want to get a meeting off to a great start, here are a range of questions you can use to get talking to complete strangers.
- Did you see the latest Game of Thrones episode that aired last night? (point to be kept in mind, be careful as to whom you're framing this to. Limit random GoT references to someone within your age demographic)
- That's a lovely name! Are you named after someone?
- What is the one thing you wish you had known at the age of 18?
- If you could go and settle anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Which cuisine is your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?
- What's your best pick-up line?
- You look bored. Need somebody to talk to?
- What is the one thing you thought existed but it actually doesn't?
- Which is the best pizza place you have ever been to?
- If you were guaranteed the correct answer to any one question, what would you ask?
- What was your favorite TV show as a child?
- If you could visit any fictional town, which would it be?
- Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
- What made you smile today?
- What are your five biggest life goals right now?
- What is the one thing you would never spend your money on?
- What is the one thing you would give all your money for?
- Which is the funniest movie you have ever seen?
- What is legal that you think should be illegal?
- What is illegal that you think should be legal?
- If you had to live five days without the internet, what would you do to pass your time?
- What, according to you, is the best feeling in the world?
- What is the worst advice you have ever been given?
- When have you been at your happiest?
- If ever money was not a restrain, what would you do if you could do anything for eight hours a day for the rest of your life?
- What are your top three wishes?
- What superpower you wish you had?
- What's your favorite app right now?
- What is the best compliment you've ever received?
- Which living person do you admire the most?
These quirky questions are bound to get you some hilarious answers. Don't be afraid to use them as conversation starters to get talking to someone you don’t really know.
Read Also: Mastering the art of ‘small talk’