YourStory Media launches The CapTable — an independent, subscription-based platform for news and analysis on India's new economy
- Introducing an annual subscription at a special launch price of Rs 2,399
- Team led by experienced editors and reporters with prior experience at The Economic Times, Reuters, Times of India, and Moneycontrol
- Focussed on covering India’s biggest startups and tech companies and investors
- The CapTable starts off with three premium, deeply reported articles a week
YourStory Media– India’s largest digital media house for entrepreneurs – is proud to launch The CapTable, an independent subscription-based editorial platform tracking India’s new economy. The CapTable will focus on breaking news and writing deeply reported analysis about India’s top technology companies to help decisionmakers take high-impact strategic winning decisions for tomorrow, today.
Powered by a team of informed and experienced editors and reporters obsessed with India’s new economy, The CapTable will serve as a fair and independent critic of India’s new economy, delighting in as well as deconstructing this rapidly evolving tech and innovation-led landscape.
Commenting on the launch, YourStory Media Founder and CEO Shradha Sharma said, “I am excited to bring on board Madhav Chanchani and his entire team – Aditi Shrivastava, Pratik Bhakta, and Feroze Jamal – to build The CapTable. India’s digital economy has the world’s attention and the country needs and deserves an objective news platform covering the space. Through The CapTable, YourStory aims to address this gap and cover the decade’s most important stories at the intersection of entrepreneurship, technology, and policymaking.”
Madhav Chanchani, Founding Editor of The CapTable, said, “I am thrilled to lead The CapTable. As we started to talk to users, we realised that there exists a gap in the market for a platform delivering objective and independent news and analysis to all stakeholders of new economy businesses. Our articles will reflect high-quality sourcing, data, context as well as voices from all sides to help our readers take insightful decisions.”
As India’s very first storytelling platform for entrepreneurs, YourStory has had a front-row seat to the rapid evolution and growth of the Indian startup ecosystem and played an instrumental role in shaping its narrative over the past decade.
Through more than 100,000 stories about Indian startups and entrepreneurs since 2008, YourStory has been a pioneer in enabling startup discovery and empowering and inspiring a whole generation of Indian entrepreneurs.
Now, with the launch of The CapTable, YourStory is turning its attention to bringing key decisionmakers an inside view of the strategic trends and shifts taking place in and impacting fast-growing companies by digging deep to provide a holistic view of trends and events impacting all stakeholders of a company as detailed in its capitalisation table (cap table).
“For fast-growing companies, the capitalisation table (cap table) details all the shareholders — founders, employees, investors — and the equity they own and is reflective of the essence of a firm. As such, The CapTable is committed to serving a vast range of stakeholders – from C-suite executives to employees to the paying users of a product or service – so they are all equipped with all the contextual information they will need to make effective, impactful decisions,” Shradha Sharma further added.
Subscribers to The CapTable will get access to three premium original, deeply reported articles a week. In the pre-launch phase, The CapTable was the first to report thatCo-founder and CEO Girish Muthrubootham and Eka’s Manav Garg are setting up a SaaS fund and also published deeply reported data-driven stories on Zomato's turnaround in 12 months as it rushes for an IPO; Amazon's big fintech play in India, now featuring a net-bank; and an interview with Balaji Srinivasan on why India should not ban crypto; among others.
The CapTable team: Founding Editor Madhav Chanchani with Feroze Jamal, Aditi Shrivastava, and Pratik Bhakta
A sample of The CapTable’s pre-launch articles:
- https://www.the-captable.com/zomato-turnaround-ipo) turnaround in 12 months as it rushes for an IPO (
- https://www.the-captable.com/amazon-neobanking-platform) big fintech play in India, now featuring a net-bank (
- The funding frenzy in India’s growth-stage startups (https://www.the-captable.com/investor-love-4-bn-in-q1)
- https://www.the-captable.com/dream11-google-fantasy-sports) ’s Harsh Jain is trying to unite the fantasy gaming industry, but it might not be that easy (
- Interview with Hans Tung on tech bubble and why SPACs are not a good idea for Indian cos right now (https://www.the-captable.com/hans-tung-ggv-interview)
- Girish Muthrubootham and Eka’s Manav Garg setting up a SaaS fund (https://www.the-captable.com/freshworks-mathrubootham-saas-fund)
- Interview with Balaji Srinivasan on why India should not ban crypto (https://www.the-captable.com/banning-crypto-tn-dollar-mistake)
- With https://www.the-captable.com/sachin-bansal-navi) -size ambitions, Sachin Bansal’s Navi wades into choppy waters (