Who is Madhuri Jain Grover?
Madhuri Jain Grover is in the news for reportedly being terminated from her role at, and has responded with a series of tweets about the leaders and board of the fintech startup.
Why it matters? Jain's tweets allege a culture of sexism and misogyny at the highest level of the company, and even goes as far as accusing the board of a "witch hunt", and outside consultants of leaks, in their investigation of BharatPe founder Ashneer Grover.
- Jain is the wife of the embattled Ashneer Grover, who has been pushing back recently against the company's investigation of him.
- Jain's brother, Shwetank Jain, is also an angel investor in BharatPe.
- In her role as Head of Controls, Jain was involved in managing the finances of the fintech unicorn valued at $2.8 billion since her appointment in October 2018
- Jain recently threatened to sue outside consultants Alvarez & Marsal of leaking information during their investigation of her husband
- Jain's tweets about BharatPe chairman Suhail Sameer, and co-founders Shashvat Nakrani and Bhavik Koladiya accuse them of treating women like objects and conducting "drunken orgies."
- Her public allegations came about soon after multiple media outlets reported that she had been relieved of her duties at BharatPe.