YourStory is India’s largest Media Tech company for Startups, Entrepreneurs, Investors and Change makers.
With more than 10 mn users every month, a repository of 200,000+ stories & partnerships with 200+ brands, it has established itself as a leading player in this space. It’s portfolio of brands include HerStory, SocialStory, SMBStory & YSResearch amongst others. YourStory’s content is available in English & Indian languages (Text, Audio & Video). In addition to its current line of businesses, YourStory is launching some exciting new products with the objective of growing into one of India’s largest content platforms.
YourStory has been backed by Kalaari Capital, UC-RNT (Ratan Tata & University of California), 3one4 Capital & Qualcomm Ventures amongst others. It’s Founder & CEO, Shradha Sharma has earned many accolades and awards, some of which include being in LinkedIn’s top 3 online influencers in India & Fortune magazine’s ‘40 under 40’ list of powerful Indians.
YourStory is seeking to onboard entrepreneurial folks who are excited about high ownership roles in a fast paced environment.
As a Business Analyst, you would be the custodian for all things Data at YourStory. You would own the entire data journey from ensuring data sanctity to building reporting systems to providing the right insights (better suited for pre-MBA applicants)
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable goals and acting as the custodian for everything on data and insights for both our Web and App
- Ensuring data sanctity through instrumentation and monitoring data quality to meet the business needs of the company
- Ability to work on various analytical tools - Product Analytics (Google Analytics, Amplitude, Firebase, etc), Marketing Analytics (Supermetrics, etc) and Data Visualization tools (Data Studio, Tableau, etc)
- Developing and monitoring KPIs for each vertical of the business (Revenue/Sales/Finance/Campaigns/Content/Marketing), and at an overall business level and constantly driving the company towards meeting the KPIs
- Generating product and user insights and working closely with the Product manager to make product and design decisions
- Having a product out view towards problem-solving – Market and competitor research to understand the trends in product design, continuous A/B testing to grow the product KPIs, etc
- Owning and improving the core metrics like DAU/MAU/Retention/Time spent per user
- Interpersonal skills to work closely with various stakeholders who may have competing interests
- Ability to build machine learning models to predict and optimize revenue from different clients, text mining models to predict what type of content works and how to replicate more of the same, predict outputs which can maximize revenue and profitability
Here's what we are looking for
- Relevant work experience of 2-3 years or preferably someone with a BTech Degree from IIT/NIT/BITS
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Advanced excel skills
- Advanced SQL skills
- Strong statistical foundations
- Experience in SAS/SQL/Python programming
- Knowledge of Big Query/ Google analytics/ Google Tag Manager – The entire google suite
- Prior work experience/knowledge in Google Firebase/Amplitude Analytics
- Prior exposure to marketing analytics tools – Not a must
- Prior machine learning/modeling skills
- Prior Entrepreneurial or Startup experience would be a huge advantage
If this role is of interest, please apply in the link here.