YourStory is India’s largest Media Tech company for Startups, Entrepreneurs, Investors and Change makers.
With more than 10 mn users every month, a repository of 200,000+ stories & partnerships with 200+ brands, it has established
itself as a leading player in this space. It’s portfolio of brands include HerStory, SocialStory, SMBStory & YSResearch
amongst others. YourStory’s content is available in English & Indian languages (Text, Audio & Video). In addition to its
current line of businesses, YourStory is launching some exciting new products with the objective of growing into one of
India’s largest content platforms.
YourStory has been backed by Kalaari Capital, UC-RNT (Ratan Tata & University of California), 3one4 Capital & Qualcomm
Ventures amongst others. It’s Founder & CEO,
Shradha Sharma has earned many accolades and awards, some of which include being in LinkedIn’s top 3 online influencers
in India & Fortune magazine’s ‘40 under 40’ list of powerful Indians.
YourStory is seeking to onboard entrepreneurial folks who are excited about high ownership roles in a fast paced environment.
As the Finance Head, you will manage and own all key streams across Finance, Legal, Compliance & Investor Relations.
Some of the things that you will be doing
- Act as a Strategy Consultant to business (and functional partners) and integrate Finance into the decision-making process
and develop and/or challenge strategic business decisions
- Play an integral role in all the planning cycles (Strategic Planning, Annual Operating Plan, Monthly Forecast). Drive the
long-term growth plans and resources needed to make that happen
- Reviewing Financial Statements, Preparation of board decks - Work closely with the accounting teams and perform deep-dive
analysis on sales, costs, and profitability of all business lines
- Draft analytical summaries for the CEO & Board. Help measure the impact of strategic decisions and align the management
team around it
- Identify trends and generate detailed financial and operational projection. Be responsible for developing reliable estimates
of sales, margin, SG&A costs.
- Identifying opportunities for cost reduction and revenue improvement - Identifying financials risks and raising early warning
- Collaborate with Sales team, design pricing models, evaluate pricing effectiveness and assist in pricing decisions
- Provide periodic Investors' reports, address Investor queries on the company's performance
What are we looking for
- Finance graduate with 10-15 years of relevant experience (Chartered Accountant or equivalent degree). MBA Finance would
be a plus
- Independently managed end to end Finance operations for a funded company for at least 5-8 years
- Have experience and have been closely involved in the fundraising process end to end
- Possess in-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with all functions
- Prior Entrepreneurial or Startup experience would be a huge advantage
If this role is of interest, please apply in the link