9 ways technology has changed healthcare for forever
The advancement in technology has not only improved the technical aspects of our life but, even the medical industry has been supplied with latest models of equipment which monitors a certain body part or the entire body. Technology has opened a lot of doors for medical advancement since machines produce precise and accurate reports.
Today, we will discuss the technological impact on healthcare. You would have used many of these types of equipment directly or indirectly in the past for various health concerns. It is better to know what are the latest equipment that you deal with since knowledge is power in this information age. Something as little as a diabetic tester used at homes to machines as complex used to perform laser eye surgeries have their own importance. You cannot compare different equipment used in healthcare but appreciate the technology behind it.
• Remote robotic operations are yet to b released since it is still in trial phase. However, it is one of the most advanced machineries created by man with respect to healthcare. Surgeons need not be present physically but still perform operations at different continents using the robotic equipment. This seems a little farfetched but the idea has been implemented to create the device to help people in emergencies.
• Body Implants can be the next monitoring system which would put doctors out of business. These implants can monitor anything with respect to your body once it is implanted. If it is designed to measure blood sugar level, you will be receiving constant updates via an app to your smartphones. This is certainly a game changer since you are well within the normal limits of your glucose and wouldn’t need any assistance from a professional if you maintain a proper diet.
• Wearable health monitors are already in use since it has been approved by the concerned authorities. These devices usually are watches, wristbands and something similar which will not affect your daily activities. You won’t even know about its presence once you get used to it. These devices also provide real-time updates to your device as long as the device is in range.
• Apps assistance is the latest feature which offers immediate assistance from doctors for emergencies only via video chats too if there is an option. Various health tracker apps have already been released and the consumers are using them wisely. However, when it comes to certain diseases, an app will not pinpoint the problem and you must seek professional help.
• Data segregation is always a huge help for the medical industry. The main reason is that of the limitless possibilities and endless treatment methods for a single disease. Various apps provide quick information about any disease and emergency measures to save a life. It is only possible when the data has been completed sorted out. It also helps in case of emergencies if your data is stored in an app, the treating doctor would look at it to find out what exactly needs to do. Medical history is very personal and it should be disclosed only on a need to know basis.
• Augmented Reality glasses have been invented by techies in Boston, Massachusetts which can help surgeons see inside a patient’s body using the data input from scans. This is certainly a huge milestone achievement since you need not have to make an incision to peek inside but use these glasses, a painless way to find the exact spot of infection or disease origin.
• Virtual Assistance is no longer a thing of the future, it is here and people are using these facilities effectively. You would have played a virtual reality game on your smartphone, this is the evolution of those types of games into healthcare. It helps doctors to treat more patients with less time thereby handling in emergency situations with ease.
• Nanotechnology has limitless applications and we have seen nanobots building other machinery from the nanobot level to the most complex and heavy machinery circuits. Nanoparticles and nanodevices will act as an accurate drug delivery system, which means that a drug that needs to reach the destination will reach with precision. Cancer treatment is no longer impossible, there are numerous possibilities if these nanobots can be used to cure cancer by killing its origin. Tiny surgeons are the nicknames that have been provided for nanobots which will be used to perform complex surgeries inside a body without any incision.
• 3D Printing has around 12 applications so far when it comes to healthcare. A few of them are printing tissues with blood vessels, synthetic skin, artificial limbs and more. Prosthetics will be affordable even by the general public with the exclusive use of 3D printers. They can design and create literally anything. Amputated body parts can be refitted via 3D printed parts. The precision for these artificial limbs is impeccable. It has already been tested in Sudan by Mick Ebeling. He trained local people to create artificial limbs to people who have lost it during the recent attacks. These prosthetics are very cheap and even the most downtrodden in the society can afford it with a few days work worth money.
Pregnitive and Its Assistance Towards Healthcare
Pregnitive Technologies provides tech-related products/solutions for enhancing pregnancy experience. They have launched their first product Suno: The Safest Fetal Heartbeat Listener, which enables pregnant women to listen to baby’s heartbeat from the comfort of their home, they can even record it and share it with their loved ones and connect more with the baby. They say it is the Best gift for a mom-to-be.
They are creating an online platform to connect pregnant women with childbirth educators, doctors and instructors to provide personalized care for every pregnant woman.
Suno is selected for Amazon Launchpad Programme and it is a Proud moment for pregnitive since its first product will be released globally in the near future
We always felt the emergency treatments to be lacking in many aspects, the technology will bridge that gap much faster to provide remote assistance for any emergency situation to a save a life. It is always good to have medical help at just a hello for any situation since anything can happen at any time.