Cloud Computing Trends to watch out for in 2017
Cloud computing has been an integral part of entrepreneurial transformation over the last few years. Forecasters and industry veterans are equivocal about cloud computing’s second wave, for public cloud and private cloud services alike, attuned in corporate data centers. The cloud market will gain much prominence in 2017 because of the growing demand of a better customer delivery market, according to a Forrester Research in a new report.
The organization known for its tech surveys, studies and reports, further suggests that teams should work on refactoring apps on public cloud systems, capitalizing on migration services, just dumping apps onto a public cloud would not be the way to go.
The cloud computing success is evidence enough that both the large enterprises and small businesses have come to change its course and benefit immensely from this technology.
A market analysis from Cisco hints that the global cloud IP traffic will almost quadruple (3.7-fold) in the upcoming 5 years. It will grow at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 30% between 2015 to 2020.
The prevalence of cloud computing in the business domain ensures its wide span usage all across, and the trends to look forward to this year are:
A lot of enterprises spend agonizing hours over whether to move their services to the cloud is the right idea or not as cloud operators keep on changing and updating the features available. Now, not only the small businesses would want to switch to cloud storage, but figures and trends have proven that large commercial organizations are tapping this technology resource well.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence are already topping the charts in the tech industry. Tech giants like Google, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, and IBM are using the machine-learning and artificial-intelligence-based cloud services already.
Hyper-convergence in terms of cloud computing could well be expected in 2017; however, a full-blown complete solution is still a far cry. Hyper-converged systems have proven fundamental in the creation of base cloud infrastructure, but right now they are in a basic version of standard platforms to back virtualisation, and there is a glaring difference between the standard offer and the need for organizations from the cloud. The services provided initially constitute 20% integration foremost, but the rest 80 % falls on the users themselves.
A lot of cloud providers incorporate open source for their services, and even the medium-sized organizations are adopting the high-quality tools so the hosting, managing and integration are easy, even if a slightly uncomfortable or not supportive network exists.
Data migration and integration to cloud services does not prevent the organizations from ignoring the necessary security precautions. This requires taking ownership and asking the service provider to deliver the adequate steps of information security is received well in time with proper audit measures, so the security is applied well in advance.
Earlier, we vied to include cloud computing services in our organizations just to gain a competitive edge over the rival organizations. Now, it has become an absolute necessary to use the cloud services, for its exemplary advantage over everything.
This article has been contributed by Mr. Digvijay Singh Ponia, Product Manager, Hallwaze Inc