NIHAL FOUNDATION : CHILDREN OF EARTH PROGRAMAparna
Please spend a couple of minutes going through this email and help a hungry child!
Children of Earth Project: Gurgaon
Princi, 3yrs and Prince 2 yrs. old children of daily wage workers working on a construction site in Gurgaon. Both their parents both are working on the construction site. They don’t go to school. They live in a hutment without proper sanitation. Parents’ earning is not sufficient to provide them with proper nutritious food. Children, like them are the focus of our Project: “Children of Earth”.
Who are we ?
Nihal Foundation is CSR initiative of StudentSpace, USA and Nihal software, Gurgaon.
Nihal Foundation was established in 2007 in USA with an aim to assist underprivileged youth get trained and employed.
Children of Our Earth Project:Gurgaon
Nihal foundation has started “Children of Earth” Initiative on Earth day. According to National Health Survey, and WHO-UNICEF, 8-10 million children afflicted with severe acute malnutrition in India. Which is half of all the 20 million across world. We aim to help malnourished children of construction workers by providing the following:
• Chana /Moong Bank : We provide weekly ½ kg of Chana & Moong
• Clothes : Old /New
• Toys : Old/New
• Cakes : Twice in a month Polo café provides Cakes to celebrate their Birthday.
We have a “Sunshine Vans” to collect stuff from donors and deliver them to the children.
We maintain database of children and Donors. Right now we are targeting to cover area between Sohna road and Golf course road and NH 8 and Golf course extension road. We call it Golden Quadrangle.
Children have our telephone number. They call us and ask for stuff they need. We are like their Flipkart delivering things to them. We are in process of giving Sunshine ID card to each kid, which will have our phone no.
Our Achievements so far – right in your neighbourhood
• We are currently working in 3 clusters in Golden Quadrangle:
o Cluster 1: Sector 27: 115 children
o Cluster 2: Sector28: 120children
o Cluster 3: Sector 43: 53 children
• Created database of 288 children, we are issuing “Sunshine ID card” for each child with our phone number at the back so that they or their parents can call us directly for the items needed.
• Tied up with Govt. Hospitals to do their health checkups. Our Sunshine Van turns into a
Mobile Health Checkup Center and with the help of Doctor and Asha and ANM workers ,We Organized a Health camp in 3 clusters. Children were checked for skin ,Eye ,Diarrhoea,Anaemia
Fever, Cold, Cough and given Iron, Calcium, ORS,Cough Syrup
Infants got Vaccination; Pregnant women also got their dosage of Calcium and Iron.
• Oyo room is keeping our Sunshine boxes in their Office.
How can you help us help these children?
• You can donate Chana/Moong, Clothes, books for children preferably in Hindi, and toys.
• if you are a corporate, you can keep our collection boxes to facilitate donation from your employees.
• You can visit our project sites and interact with these children
• You can Adopt a child's/cluster's nutrition or education
Our Long-term vision
In future, we want to expand our project to cover a holistic development of these children, through the following initiatives at our chosen sites
• Mobile Sunshine School/Mobile Sunshine Shops
• Mid-day meal
• Inoculations and regular health check-ups
• Training and skill development for older children
Please come and partner with us in this noble gesture and help these under privileged children improve their lives and become better citizens and to have and realize their dreams.
227, Vashisht Complex