7 Practices to enhance your warehousing routine
E-commerce business is not just about the efficient day to day operations in business but the essence lies in the fact that how optimized your ability to handle the tasks is. There are several things that you have to take care of when you get into the field of e-commerce.
E-commerce business is not just about the efficient day to day operations in business but the essence lies in the fact that how optimized your ability to handle the tasks is. There are several things that you have to take care of when you get into the field of e-commerce. But, there are some factors that will help you to grow at an alarming rate. One of these factors is the omnipresent need of warehousing. Warehousing is such a concept on which some people might differ upon but, today we will share 7 amazing tips that will help you to tackle all the odds. So, without further ado let's just jump right into it:
- Use the Cluster-picking strategy: Just as the name says, the Cluster picking strategy is the pattern of choosing things in a sorted yet accumulated manner. Basically, this means that if you are new to the concept of e-commerce then you should understand that each trip cost a great amount of money. So, to reduce these extra expenses you should shift to a much better approach and that is the cluster approach. Here, instead of making a number of trips with one small cart you choose to go all out with one trip on a much bigger cart.
- Multi-purpose customer support team: when you are dealing as an E-commerce business, you will encounter all kinds of customers. Some will ask for just the minimum order while some other will make an order that reaches your top limit. Thus, instead of preparing 3 different kinds of specialized forces, try to make just one centre and offer them great management programs for much better inventorial management and seamless processing.
- Omni-channel warehousing pattern: warehousing is an important aspect which affects both the time of production, and the time of delivery. For an E-commerce business enterprise, Omni-channel warehousing is considered to be the perfect model. This model is product-oriented and focuses on the modern day supply chain effectively. Omni-channel is particularly more technologically sound model which includes training and voice-commands. Thus, even someone who is completely new to a section of the warehouse will be easily able to get the desired product in one go.
- Maintaining level-load for better Labor management: In a company, there is a certain time of the year where the production needs rise to a highly inclining rate. This is the time period when companies become impatient because of the need for labour for effective productions. To solve this yearly feud and dilemma which causes a great loss for the business, it is better to have a level-load throughout the year. This way not only you will have an inventory that fulfilling your supply needs but also you will not have to worry about hiring the labour forces.
- Upgrade your WMS before it gets obsolete: Warehouse Automation or management system is the biggest ally for maintaining the records of the warehouse you can ever think of. They are not just for identifying stock locations and maintaining the inventory, they can also serve multi-tasking and high0end AI usage. Companies can now avail things like put-to-light and put-to-light technology to place an order in such a manner that employees can pick more in one go without hampering the commodity.
- Get rid of the seasonal Load: As specified before, if you are in a business whose commodity is a great hit in a particular season, then that means you will have to prepare for the load beforehand. So, make sure to build up enough inventories that you won't have to worry about the extra load at the time of enormous sales.
Small SKU outlets for faster warehousing: A common mistake that people do in the e-commerce sector is that they invest a ton of money on their home SKU centres and give no importance to small regional SKUs. This causes great trouble at the time of seasonal sales. So, to save yourself from all the hassles of finding a pop-up location for warehousing in a variety of regions, try to invest in all the aspects in the most optimum way possible.
How has the coronavirus outbreak disrupted your life? And how are you dealing with it? Write to us or send us a video with subject line 'Coronavirus Disruption' to email@example.com