4 digital marketing tips for entrepreneurs
Are you an entrepreneur? Or a startup?
Being an entrepreneur is not an easy job. It’s really tough to run a business.
“It’s easy to run a business” - No one ever said.
You always look for the ways that can help you grow your business and make your life more simple. But old and traditional marketing strategies need a great budget. As consumer’s behaviour is changing, these strategies are no longer effective. I hear you’re asking, “I need something that can help me to connect with my customers, but I don’t have a big budget to invest.”
This is the time when digital marketing comes into the play. According to Hubspot,“Digital marketing is an umbrella term for all of your online marketing efforts. Businesses leverage digital channels such as Google search, social media, email, and their websites to connect with their current and prospective customers.”
Digital marketing can help you to attract customers without spending lots of money. Are you wondering how digital marketing can help you? Is it hard for you to decide where you need to start?
Don’t worry, I won’t leave you empty-handed.
In this article, you’ll find 4 digital marketing tips that can help you to grow your business. Let’s go:
1. Great Content = Great Engagement
It’s really tough to remain in your target audience mind. But content can help you.
Content is the soul of your digital marketing - Abhishek Shah (Ally Digital Media)
Content marketing helps you to deliver your message to your audience. But you need to create and deliver the relevant and helpful message that gives people something to talk about.
Did you know: Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing, it generates more than three times as many leads. (source)
From where you need to start?
You need a strategy and an actionable plan. Without direction you can’t go anywhere, you just waste your energy.
Ramit Sethi put it best:
“Great content solves a problem. Think about one of the best-selling books of all time, How to Win Friends and Influence People. That book solves a huge problem for people: making friends. And it presents the information in a way you can use right away.
Create a content marketing roadmap. Here are some ideas to get started:
● Research and identify your target audience.
● Do a deep research for keywords. Don’t use single word, try to use a phrase like “digital marketing tips for business”
● Create a content around a specific keyword phrase. It will help search engines to understand what’s your article is about.
● Optimize your images - give these titles and alt texts.
● Make engaging and interactive sales or landing pages.
● Create irresistible offers and giveaways to customers and encourage them to buy.
● Tell a story in form of visual like Infographics, videos, images, and graphics in short span of time.
● Build a relationship with influencers on social media. Follow them, talk to them and share their work.
Check out this interactive landing page of Landbot.io:
2. Run Social Media Contests
What encourage people to buy?
Giveaways or incentives.
Social media is a great way to engage with your audience and turn them into customers. And contests inspire people to take an action. Run an irresistible Facebook or Instagram contest.
Contests can increase your website traffic, generate new leads and start new conversations with prospective customers.
But you just can’t post “Win… “ you have to make a plan and execute it.
● What you want participants to do? Like your page, enter email address, or share an image. Clear your purpose first.
● Determine the prize. What will a winner receive? If you’re a business choose your product as contest prize. If you’re a retailer, give coupons and discount codes.
● Run your content for limited time and create a sense of urgency.
● Design a beautiful graphics to support the contest.
● Make it easy for users to share your contest with their network.
● Don’t forget to share your contest on all social media channels, on your website and on your email list.
● You should also promote your campaign with paid social media ads.
● Make your contest mobile friendly. If it’s not, you’re missing a great opportunity.
Do you want some inspiration?
Check out this contest on Canadian drugstore London Drugs:
3. Make Your Email More Human
Email is a great channel to build your brand and improve your sales. But don’t follow old email marketing practices.
A human is reading your email, so be a human. Try to make your email more personalize and natural.
Personalized emails deliver 6x higher transaction rates. (Source)
Here are some quick ideas that can help you to get started:
● Make your subject line personalized.
● Address your recipients by their names (people love to see their name).
● Understand your customer’s behavior and send relevant content.
● Your customers don’t have time to read your long emails. Keep your message clear and concise which states your message purpose clearly.
● Don’t sound robotic or boring in your email. Keep your language conversational. Use little humor to make them smile.
● Customers appreciate incentives or discounts. Give them something valuable. It makes them feel like they are valued member of your community.
● Keep a CTA (calls-to-action) button or text which encourage them to take some action.
Jesper Isaksson put it best here:
“Every email in your sequence have a specific reason for being there. More than generating opens and clicks… It must do something to move your prospect towards your next step and stay aligned with your end-goal.”
Check out this humorous email from Chubbies. They do a great job with their emails:
4. Go Mobile
Nearly 60 percent of searches now from mobile devices. We live in the era of mobile devices. People are using most of their time on their smartphones. Consumers are using mobile devices to get information and make a purchase.
No matter what your business is, you should add mobile to your marketing mix. There is no second thought - whether mobile is important for you or not. It’s essential for every size of business.
“Mobile is not the future, it is the now. Meet your customers in the environment of their choice, not where it's convenient for you.” - Cyndie Shaffstall, Spider Trainers
What can you do right now?
● Create a mobile responsive site to give a unique experience to your users across every device. Take Google’s mobile-friendly test to make sure your website is mobile ready.
● Send mobile ready emails. How your email looks on mobile matters to your customers. Make fonts larger and noticeable CTA button.
● Make all your social media pages look great on Mobile.
● Building a mobile app can be a great way to connect with your target audience.
● Invest in mobile SEO and SMS marketing can boost your business numbers.
Hope you find these tips helpful. Go digital and you’ll soon see your sales and profits grow. Do you have any tips to share? Any queries? Please share your thoughts here.